PDA

View Full Version : 1967 Ford Galaxie 500 LTD 2dr Hardtop in Alabama

svp
06-10-2010, 12:30 PM
Too many projects and it's time to thin the herd...this is one of them. It is a genuine Z code 300HP 390 car. Southern car all its life...ordered out of the Atlanta DSO and been in Alabama since new. The car sat for the past 20 years after the owner passed away before I picked it up. I replaced the battery cables, condensor and replaced the missing coil and it fired and ran on starting fluid...no noise, no smoke...does need exhaust. The only rust issues are the back of the trunk floor and one small quarter sized spot on each rear quarter(behind the wheel on the RH quarter/in front of the wheel on the LH quarter). The car has been repainted once in its life. This is a great foundation for a build...if you fixed the brakes, fuel line and made sure the tank didn't have any rust in it you could likely drive the car. The car has factory A/C, Power steering, Power drum brakes. It of course needs restoration or a build but the car has the potential to be a very cool and unique project. The keys were lost over the years with the prior owner so you will have to have a set made. The only rust is what I mentioned...floors, doors, fenders, Hood, trunk lid, etc are solid! You don't get much cheaper than this for a solid starting point....$1500 takes it!!

This is a full frame full size Ford.

I have more pictures and even included one of another pretty sweet 67 I found that someone built if it helps jump start anyones creative juices :thumbsup:

Jsullivan
09-23-2010, 10:44 PM
Paul,
I'm looking for a frame for my Galaxie 500. Does the frame have any rust?
Has the car been in any snow and ice. IE: Salt!!
I would be interested in talking to you about this car if the frame is good!
Could you give me your number or call 563-920-5126.
Thanks!

svp
09-24-2010, 08:02 AM
I left you a message with my numbers. The car has a perfect frame, never in salt or northern climates.

Jsullivan
09-25-2010, 10:02 AM
Paul,
Thanks for getting back to me. I like the sound of the frame. I live in Iowa and we get plenty of snow and Ice and salt all winter!!!!

Another other question?
Does the hood have a dent in it?

Also are you firm on the price?
I hate to spend $1500 on the car if all I need is a frame and maybe a hood.
Would be willing to give $1000.

svp
09-25-2010, 10:20 AM
Yes, the hood has a dent in the center but no rust...it is repairable. I didn't plan that much wiggle room in the price but considering the distance you have to travel to get it I will take $1000 for it. Just give me a call.

svp
11-18-2010, 11:55 AM
Well, I broke my own rule about holding a car without a deposit in hand based on word and the sale never happened. Despite the last tone of this thread the car is still available... SO if anyone is really serious, the car is still available and I'll take the thousand for it....if it sits much longer I'll end up pulling the engine for a '67 Mustang project and scrap out the rest of the car...which would be a real shame considering how solid and well optioned it is.

proford1
11-19-2010, 07:06 AM
just wondering where in Al. you are located

Mike

SVPJason
11-19-2010, 06:35 PM
Just outside Birmingham...about 20 minutes from Talladega.

svp
12-04-2010, 05:13 PM
I guess this should be moved to parts now....Sadly I am now parting out this car with the remains going over the scales when I am done. I've had 7 different people commit to buying the car and never follow through dragging this process out far too long and I am tired of looking at it. The engine can go into a Big Block '67 Mustang I have here and the rest is available. Ashame to part such a solid car but it is what it is at this point. So should anyone need anything drop me a line. :thumbsup:

rarebreed
12-12-2010, 09:05 PM
SVP, I PM'd you as well. Is this 390 still available? I need one for my '67 S Code Mustang Coupe to restore to the original drivetrain.

let me know when you have time.

Thanks!

svp
06-21-2011, 11:10 AM
I got tired of people making an offer, me accepting it and then never follow through with the purchase...happened 7 times, unbelievable! Anyway...I yanked the engine/trans for a Mustang project and hauled the car across the scales at the scrapyard this morning. I hated to do it but got tired of getting jerked around and no longer have the space to just let it sit. Stick a fork in this one...done. Now to start on the Mustang :D