PDA

View Full Version : Sheet Metal Tools

out2kayak
06-05-2010, 12:37 PM
Just curious if anyone has recommendations for a english wheel and a sheet metal shear / break.

Thanks,

CRCRFT78
06-05-2010, 02:00 PM
Check out Metalmeet.com and talk to the guys over there. They're pretty knowledgable about anything and everything having to do with metal working.

Streetwerkz
06-07-2010, 08:29 AM
Agreed Metalmeet.com, allmetalshaping.com are both great resources.

On a personal note we have Baileigh, Mittler Bros, and Tennsmith sheet metal tools and love them all in regards to bang for buck, and quality.

68RS350
06-08-2010, 06:47 AM
Check out vansantent.com they sell the Metal Ace English wheels. They are really nice I have one. They also sell most of the brands mentioned above. But beware that website is bad for your wallet!

Revved
10-28-2010, 08:06 AM
Reviving this post as I have some questions along this line as well.

I don't personally do a lot of sheet metal fab and I've got a guy that I bring in for most of my major fab work but now and then I run into a project that would be much easier with a light-med duty brake and shear for making small panels, brackets etc. I was browsing around online and come across these 3 in 1 Brake/Shear/Roller combos that Woodward and some of the others have and was wondering if anyone has used them and comments about them.

I'll probably be shopping around out at SEMA next week!!

Top Fuel Tom
11-02-2010, 10:35 PM
Reviving this post as I have some questions along this line as well.

I don't personally do a lot of sheet metal fab and I've got a guy that I bring in for most of my major fab work but now and then I run into a project that would be much easier with a light-med duty brake and shear for making small panels, brackets etc. I was browsing around online and come across these 3 in 1 Brake/Shear/Roller combos that Woodward and some of the others have and was wondering if anyone has used them and comments about them.

I'll probably be shopping around out at SEMA next week!!

I've got one of those 3 in 1 combos at my home shop. Some people like them, some don't. I spent a little time getting it adjusted right, but since then I've done a lot of tin work with it. Works well for me.

Revved
11-29-2010, 11:44 AM
I picked up a Wodward Fab 3 in 1 out at SEMA and have used it a handful of times so far. Another one of those- "why didn't I buy this before?" tools. It makes short work of little brackets

Quality seems decent and it works welll out of the box. The whole thing is made in China so it didn't surprise me when the stand didn't go together square and it took some convincing and a shim to get everything to bolt together. It came with a small bag of extra parts I have no idea where they go and the instruction manual is in broken english and horribly mispelled so that is no help. Guess I'll figure out where they go when I need them!

Also picked up the Shrinker/Stretcher but I haven't had a reason to take it out of the box yet.

Picked up a Belt/disk sander combo from Enco and that has been great investment already doing intercooler tubing!

gearheads78
11-29-2010, 04:10 PM
Keep your eyes peeled. You never know what you will find. Last year I bought a group of tools on CL including a new in the crate cast iron english wheel from the Netherlands. Its the real deal and weighs over 800 lbs After selling off all the other stuff I didn't need I now have $300.00 in it. I found a receipt in a bunch of paperwork from 12 years ago for a little over $8,000.00 :P