PDA

View Full Version : Southern Newbie

dookie
12-12-2005, 12:00 AM
Ok Guys Ive Been Surfing The Boards Here For A Couple Of Weeks Now And Have Asked A Few Questions To Some Of The Members And Have Tons More ,so Please Excuse My Idiocy... I Have A 1970 Camaro That I Have Owned Now For Two Years , And Am Just Now Starting To Get Around To Tearing It Apart , The Car Actually Ran And Drove Perfectly And Smoothly With A Mild 350 , Its Just Kinda Or Should I Say Really Dated ,its Ivory And Has A Set Of Slot Mags On It .. White Letter Tires And All ..even Has A C.b. And A Pullout Cassette Player ... I Yanked The 350 Out Last Weekend Along With The Turbo 350 And I Have A 454 Bored .030 On The Way And In The Process Of Making A Deal On A Muncie 4spd , I Emailed Rick Kirkendall , He Called Me Within Hours , I Cannot Say Enough Good About This Member , He Is One Hell Of A Nice Guy Other Than Taking Me From A Small Budgeted Hot Rod To A Full Bank Account Killer .. He Has Really Gotten Me Headed In The Right Direction Though Thanks Again Rick, ..
If Anyone Sees Anything To Recommend To Me Please Do , I Am A Real Good Listener And Will Appreciate Any Help , Suggestions And Comments ... Also Any Body With Any Parts Custom Or Stock Please Let Me Know , I Will Be Shopping For A Little Of Everything .. Right Now I Am In Need Of Some Black Interior Panels And Such And Also Searching For Parts To Make Up A R/s Frontend, Thank You All In Advance!!! And Great Site Everyone Here Seems To Be Very Helpful .... I Came From Another Forum And Never Posted Just Because Of All The Immature Flaming Going On ... But It Was A Non Domestic Site...

XcYZ
12-12-2005, 07:38 AM
Welcome. Rick knows his 2nd Gens, that's for sure. Changing the car to an RS is a good idea, I've always liked that, especially with the eurathane nose piece.

Speedster
12-12-2005, 08:07 AM
Sounds like you are ready to bring your Camaro up to date with some modern technology. Some good advice is to take the time up front and really think about what you want for the car. Then do some research and contact people here at lateral-g and other places - the internet is an incredible resource.

Time spent planning now will more than likely save you thousands of dollars, lots of time and countless hours of frustration.

So what part of the south are you from ?

Best of Luck on your project. :P
-Bruce

hotwheels
12-12-2005, 04:57 PM
:yes: Welcome to lateral-g dookie........not sure if you have already, but if you get a chance, share some photo's with us..that would be awesome.

dookie
12-12-2005, 05:55 PM
I am 15 mins from Mobile , Daphne is the city, but most recognize mobile...i will post pix of it just as soon as i can figure out how to ...
In my opinion the car is in really great shape externally , it was in better condition than what i had really sought out for in the first place , but upon driving it and looking under and around it , with no rust anywhere but the front driver fender i just couldnt resist ... at the time of purchase i really wanted to buy a good shell only... but llike i said the overall condition was pretty good , i was really impressed with the trunk area having zero rust , and the rubber grommetts being in place in the rear wheel wells (behind the back tires) like i have mentioned i have owned it now for two years, and have only put about 300 miles on it total , kind of a shame to let it sit like that , but like many others here, the hustle and bustle of everyday life , and rising my 5 year old boy on my own certainly keeps me occupied . But low and behold i have started moving forward...
My biggest decision was wether to go with a ls1 or a big block , i have waited for a deal to come around on a ls1 forever and never found that perfect deal, upon searching on ebay one evening a couple of weeks ago i found a 454 and got a pretty good price on it ... (i hope) so i got the itch and purchased it , but thats not to say that in the mean time if i come across a nice ls1 i will jump on it as well ....

RussMS
12-12-2005, 09:21 PM
Dookie:

I used to work over at Atlantic Marine just past the Battleship and have lunch at the Firehouse in Daphne.

Welcome to Lat-G. :thumbsup:

dookie
12-12-2005, 10:29 PM
Hey Russ,

i have done work out at atlantic marine on occasion , but not lately , i still do work for bender and harrison brothers shipyard ,something i failed to mention , i run a machine /and fabrication shop , including mechanical rotating repair, we have full sandblasting and painting facility , if you need anything let me know, i live 5 mins from firehouse , thumbs up for great subs , definately one of my favorites....

dookie
12-13-2005, 10:41 PM
i tried to upload the pics that i snapped today , and it says they are to big .. mine are over 1.2 mg , suggestions ,, im really computer illiterate... sorry .. Terry

907rs
12-14-2005, 09:29 AM
i tried to upload the pics that i snapped today , and it says they are to big .. mine are over 1.2 mg , suggestions ,, im really computer illiterate... sorry .. Terry

Do you have anyplace online to host them? If not send them here ([email protected]), and I'll get them up for you.

907rs
12-15-2005, 12:56 AM
Really solid looking car, Terry! :thumbsup:

Kendall Burleson
12-15-2005, 01:50 AM
Man I love those cars they have a look that killer and with the right wheels and tire combo it going to be hard to beat. good luck :thumbsup: