PDA

View Full Version : Took my own advice

Payton King
01-12-2005, 02:15 PM
Ummgawa posted last week I think about whether or not to cut up his convertible. Of coarse I chimmed in and said to do it...it is not my money after all. Well, today I was down at the shop trying to stuff a polished C6 rear tire and wheel under my stock 69. I did not fit. The 285/35/19 is on a 10 inch rim making the tire width 11.5...a 275 is about 10.5. So I sat there with Ed and Jim at 21st Century Street Maching debating on changing the tire and rim package yet again or just mini-tubbing the car. I decided to take my own advice and cut the car. Is my car special...no. It is just that I have just replaced the trunk, seam sealed and primed it and it was beautiful.

So now I am getting real deep...not that I was not up to my eyeballs anyway. I am thinking about putting my first born ebay to finish the project, but since today is his 5th birthday I feel kind of bad. Anywone know where I can get a watercooled checkbook...this project is taking cubic bucks.

Did I mention the C5 front clip as well.

Hi! my name is Payton and I am a car-aholic...pass me a Miller Lite and the latest edition of Popular Hotrodding please.

Stuart Adams
01-12-2005, 02:28 PM
Payton, good to hear from ya. Everything in N.C. good. This car disease is expensive, huh. People outside the arena always say they can build a #1 car for 1/2 of what it takes, they have no idea how much goes into these projects. Don't worry, he has 11 years till he gets his liscense, you should be done by then!!!!!!!!!!! Mini tubbing - cool, it is endless, huh. :thumbsup:

XcYZ
01-12-2005, 02:31 PM
I can so relate, as the project moves along, I keep adding new stuff! lol It's a fine line between drawing the line or keeping the momentum going.

There's no doubt your car will kick ass when done. I KNOW it will be worth the effort. :thumbsup:

Ummgawa
01-12-2005, 02:34 PM
Payton,

Great name with the project PAY TON. You don't count the money on these cars, you weigh it. Hang in there man!! :thumbsup:

jonny51
01-12-2005, 02:38 PM
Don't feel bad Payton your car could burn to the ground :(

Payton King
01-12-2005, 02:51 PM
That is what I like to hear...it could burn to the ground. I will think about that one while lying in bed. I said the other day, "my luck I will be taking a victory lap around the neighborhood when it is finished and someone will run a stop sign and total it." Now I get to think about starting it for the first time and it going super nova on me.

c.schulz
01-12-2005, 06:14 PM
Way to go Payton!! Your my hero!! Because Ill never get mine done before ya. Try to ignore the costs at this time.Look from the point that it will make all the difference on down the road.Anyways will it really wont matter a couple years after the car is done.The cost I mean. :thumbsup:
Chris