PDA

View Full Version : Brake Pad Suggestions?

protour73
05-09-2010, 08:05 PM
I have Wilwood Dynalite 4 piston calipers front and rear w/ drilled and slotted 12"
rotors. Since day one I have been fighting this brake system for the decent performance expected for a spirited street car ......
stopping power is non-existant in the current manual setup ...... also a Wilwood Tandem Master with a 7/8" bore

Any suggestions for a good low noise/dust street pad....with MAYBE an occasion track day?

Also, with the Wilwood setup what do you order for the proper pad to fit the Wilwood calipers? Is it just the same pad dimension?

Thanks.......:cool:

Scott

Jim Nilsen
07-23-2011, 08:42 PM
I am wondering the same thing you are. i know my stopping power could be better with differebt pads other than the semi-metalllic pads I just wore out.

On another note, I thought my braking was on the not so aggressive side until the stop start challenge and realized that the manual brakes are doing a good job and just feel like they are not as capable. I have always been able to modulate the pedal to lock up but it takes a lot of pedal pressure to get there.

So what are you guy's running for pads?

:cheers:

70rs
07-23-2011, 10:40 PM
You guys should both get in touch with Tobin at Kore3. He knows his stuff and I bet he can take good care of your braking needs.

wmhjr
07-23-2011, 11:08 PM
I'm running Carbotech AX6's. The obviously work pretty darned well, as evidenced on the speed stop challenge on a heavy, big car with not very much rubber.

killer67
07-24-2011, 01:42 AM
Hawk HPS or Carbotech Bobcat for street use

Apogee
07-27-2011, 11:20 AM
I have Wilwood Dynalite 4 piston calipers front and rear w/ drilled and slotted 12"
rotors. Since day one I have been fighting this brake system for the decent performance expected for a spirited street car ......
stopping power is non-existant in the current manual setup ...... also a Wilwood Tandem Master with a 7/8" bore

Any suggestions for a good low noise/dust street pad....with MAYBE an occasion track day?

Also, with the Wilwood setup what do you order for the proper pad to fit the Wilwood calipers? Is it just the same pad dimension?

Thanks.......:cool:

Scott

Scott, it would help to know what pads you are running now for comparison since pads can be a fairly subjective topic. Additionally, I have yet to find a pad that is low-dust, low-noise, low-rotor wear and high-performance...it's the just the nature of the beast. There are certainly some pads that are relatively better than others in one or more of the performance characteristics noted above, but what is generally accepted as "low-dust" for a "GG" friction rated high-performance pad can and will be totally different from what would be considered "low-dust" for an "EE" friction rated street type pad and the same should be said for noise, rotor wear, etc.

With a manual brake system, lockup can take some effort, however it should still be readily achievable. If it isn't, then there are probably some other issues taking place that need to be accounted for when troubleshooting the system. Mismatched and/or misapplied components can certainly be one cause, as can wear/use related issues like glazed pads which lower the effective coefficient of friction of the pads.

HTH,
Tobin
KORE3

The WidowMaker
07-27-2011, 08:55 PM
I'm running Carbotech AX6's.

any noise issues? what brake setup? i picked up a set for my c6z brakes after debating with the bobcats. sorry for the hijack......

Vegas69
07-27-2011, 10:20 PM
They don't squeak but the will droan at take off.