PDA

View Full Version : 68 C10 Longbed

Captain Clueles
05-04-2010, 09:45 AM
1968 C10 pickup: This was my daughter’s daily driver through high school and college, but has just sat for the last two years. The truck came from the factory with a ¾ ton rear suspension; fender tags say “Custom Camper”. It originally had a 327 but now just has a 305 in it. Still has the TH400 trans. 4-wheel drums, and power steering. A previous owner added a power brake booster; it works fine but should be redone.

The truck has a tendency to “eat” the passenger front wheel bearing and was parked because she believed it was out again.

We have completely rebuilt the rear suspension; new springs, shocks, spring seats, u-bolts, bushings, etc. We also had the TH400 transmission rebuilt. Has new heater core, blower motor, and wire harness for the heater. We also replaced all of the wood in the bed with new oak, but it looks like crap. We used POR15 marine grade poly urethane on the wood and it didn’t hold up. The truck also has a new Holley 650 electric choke street avenger carburetor. The tires are about 3 years old but only have about 500 miles on them.

Before posting this I went out, changed fluids, put a different battery in it and it fired right up and idled great.

My daughter and I planned on this being our first pro-touring project together, but due to some unfortunate circumstances, she needs to sell. I have about $6000 in it and would like to get $2850 for it.

SWAPMEETCRAZY
05-04-2010, 09:38 PM
Where are u located??? thanx jim

Captain Clueles
05-05-2010, 07:22 AM
I'm in Lebanon MO.

Captain Clueles
05-12-2010, 01:32 PM
Hump day Bump