PDA

View Full Version : Welder opinion

orange67vert
04-29-2010, 02:00 PM
looking at a Horbart Beta Mig 250 for $700 he will through in a Hobart 165 plasma. Is this a good welder? The plasma he said need a little work. Just learning to weld and don't want to mess around with junk. welder comes with tank/gun. Basically working on cars is the plan is, house hold stuff. Any opinion will be appreciated.

Thanks Kirk

SS350Sport
04-29-2010, 04:29 PM
If the welder is in good working condition that is a screamin deal. That sells for around $1200 - $1500.

orangevert
04-30-2010, 06:24 PM
Well today I went and picked upthe welder,and the the plasma, It was a Semi truck autobody shop that owner got fed up with employee's and closed shop. Turns out the plasma is a 625 forced air plasma. I don't need this so it's probably up for sale,

brans72
04-30-2010, 06:30 PM
send it to me I'll pay shipping :D

GregWeld
05-01-2010, 03:08 PM
Orangevert....

Why would you want to get rid of a perfectly good plasma cutter.... Dude! This thing will cut "UP TO" 1/2 steel (it's rated at that which means it will do it - but trust me - BARELY is a better description)

It will run on a 40 amp 12oV circuit - and doesn't require that much air pressure of CFM.

If you have a decent compressor - you've got a nice cutting tool here.

By the way -- it's not a "forced air" --- it's a Hobart AIR FORCE 625

orangevert
05-01-2010, 07:41 PM
Orangevert....

Why would you want to get rid of a perfectly good plasma cutter.... Dude! This thing will cut "UP TO" 1/2 steel (it's rated at that which means it will do it - but trust me - BARELY is a better description)

It will run on a 40 amp 12oV circuit - and doesn't require that much air pressure of CFM.

If you have a decent compressor - you've got a nice cutting tool here.

By the way -- it's not a "forced air" --- it's a Hobart AIR FORCE 625

Gregweld, Yes it is a air force 625, I replaced the air prseure gauge today, the plug end will not fot my 220 outlet so will have to replace that to see if it works, I looked it up and said it would cut 7/8 mild steal. I think I got a great deal.