PDA

View Full Version : Wilwood Brakes for 67 camaro

dlouie87
04-27-2010, 10:12 PM
I'm looking forward on getting brakes for the front. I was wondering if anyone have used the superlite 6 piston with 13'' rotor. Would that be a overkill on a daily driver?

pt# 9803-d

I'm trying to wait on the rear dynalite 4 piston until I decide on my rear end.

open to any suggestions, tips, etc. I'm new to this brake/car stuff stuff

-Dan

ProdigyCustoms
04-27-2010, 10:23 PM
One of our biggest sellers. We use the 13" (6) piston fron very often. We have it on a few cars here at the shop right now. Michael's monte Carlo, Ted's Bull Run Racer, Michael's Project Prodigy has the 14" version. Awesome brake set up.

As for the rear, no worries about waiting, You can get a Chevy kit that will fit your current rear, then when your ready for your new rear it can be built with Big Ford 3.15 bearings and Chevy bolt pattern and offset. So you can reuse the rears then.

JustinB
04-28-2010, 12:08 PM
I have a set of 13" Baer T4 brakes with red calipers sitting on the shelf right now. Brand new in the box ready to go. Give me a call Dan if you are interested.

dlouie87
04-28-2010, 08:25 PM
how would the t4 from baer compare to the Superlite 6R Big Brake Front Brake Kit.

I dont know enough about these 2 brands and about brakes. Is there is difference between getting a 4 piston vs. 6 piston. I know that both kits have a 13'' rotor.

I also heard baer is a little better on the quality? Any input would be great!

-Dan

Cris@JCG
04-29-2010, 10:32 AM
I would do 1.00 or 1.12 4 piston bores in the rear with a 13.00 rotor.. It helps with the piston knock back issues.. I just set up a car with this SL 6's in the fronts & SL 4's in the rear on 12 bolt rear with stock C-Clips.. Stock booster & Wilwood 1.00 bore master cylinder.. Brakes worked awesome @ a track event I did last month!! BP 10's for the street... 15E for street & track events..

Dipped
04-29-2010, 01:30 PM
Baer is just a PPR caliper with their baers name stamped on it.. all they do is buy PPR (Australia) calipers and place their name on them. they are a marketing company like hotchkis. GM gets 1st dibs on bbr inventory then follows baer. baer works but ur paying for their name. Willwood actually designs and produces their brakes. willwood is the rout i would go and if you do some research you'll see that their brakes are superior to baer.

JustinB
04-29-2010, 02:37 PM
Sir, that is not correct. Might want to check out the new calipers Baer has come out with over the last couple years. They do still offer the PBR calipers on the Track and lower lever kits but have developed and entirely new T4, 6P, 6S, and 6R caliper. They are both top notch products and can not go wrong with either.

Baer is just a PPR caliper with their baers name stamped on it.. all they do is buy PPR (Australia) calipers and place their name on them. they are a marketing company like hotchkis. GM gets 1st dibs on bbr inventory then follows baer. baer works but ur paying for their name. Willwood actually designs and produces their brakes. willwood is the rout i would go and if you do some research you'll see that their brakes are superior to baer.