PDA

View Full Version : glass installation/removal tools, what're you using?

mikespeed95
04-19-2010, 01:32 AM
So I've got two cars in my shop I need to lexan, last time I did this stuff the shop I worked at had a glass guy come in, and well...I'm too cheap for that. Are any of you guys doing your own glasswork? Any recomendations on tooling/help with it?

CamaroAJ
04-19-2010, 08:38 AM
a hammer is quick and effective :rofl:

fletcherscustoms
04-19-2010, 08:53 AM
You can get the cheap pull handle glass removal tool from Harbor Freight, northen, local paint store. They work like crap but better than nothing. WE made what we use, its a long putty knife, we then sharpen one side to a razor sharp edge. Being its flexible it a little easier to work with but still a royal pain in the butt. most glass guys are like $40-$50 to pull it

mikespeed95
04-19-2010, 01:14 PM
I'll look into the putty knife see if that helps cut thru the glue or not a little, thanks. Bought a ''tool'' at autoparts store but was using a little Matco body clip separator, but the puddy knife should help.

mikespeed95
04-19-2010, 01:20 PM
I'll look into the putty knife see if that helps cut thru the glue or not a little, thanks. Bought a ''tool'' at autoparts store but was using a little Matco body clip separator, but the puddy knife should help.