PDA

View Full Version : which control arms???

jwillia2
12-05-2005, 04:12 PM
are the BMR control arms any good??? I have used their products in the past, but nothing for a 1st gen.... i was think about buying the upper and lowers and getting the QA1's

almcbri
12-05-2005, 04:52 PM
from what I have learned:
BMR has no increase in geometry, but they are stronger than the stock arms and lighter
I think Detroit Speed, Global West, Speedtech and SC&C arms are awesome arms. SC&C is a cool arm and is adjustable which can give you different changes in your geometry. Marcus with SC&C says the arms are easy to dial in.

Also Hotchkis is coming out with a set of Upper and lower arms in January. I spoke with a guy from hotchkis awhile back and he said the arms will have geometry improvements. He didn't really give any more information other than that.

Lower control arms do not help your geometry from what I am told.
Some guys box their stock lower arms to make them stronger. Or you can go with the tubular for the wow factor. Hope this helps a bit

jwillia2
12-05-2005, 05:19 PM
cool, that helps.i may wait and see what the hotchkis is like..thanks for the info

David Pozzi
12-05-2005, 10:21 PM
check out upper arms from Global West, Speed Tech, and Detroit Speed, they all help you set additional positive caster which helps keep the tires flat in a turn. Lower arms won't change geometry, there are some benefits of easier indexing of the coil spirng, because most have a plastic seat that can be rotated to fit your coil.- if it's cut, it will still sit in the bottom of the lower pocket.
David

zbugger
12-06-2005, 01:56 AM
Also Hotchkis is coming out with a set of Upper and lower arms in January. I spoke with a guy from hotchkis awhile back and he said the arms will have geometry improvements. He didn't really give any more information other than that.
I spoke with John Hotchkis at SEMA, and asked that specific question. His answer is that they were just trying to complete their package and that the arms were just bolt on replacements. No geometry advantages whatsoever.

David Pozzi
12-06-2005, 11:53 PM
I spoke with John Hotchkis at SEMA, and asked that specific question. His answer is that they were just trying to complete their package and that the arms were just bolt on replacements. No geometry advantages whatsoever.

The Hotchkis upper arms have offset inserts in the shafts like the DSE arms, - to allow more (or less) adjustment, I don't know how much if any extra caster is built into the arms if any. The inserts alone should help some, maybe 2 or 3 degrees extra caster?

Sue
12-07-2005, 04:15 PM
I just got some from Marcus at SC&C for my 67 camaro.
I think they're the best design at the best price.
my .02