PDA

View Full Version : New Member and Project

jwillia2
12-05-2005, 04:04 PM
hey guys i just would like to say this site is awsome, and it has inspired me to build my 69 into a G-machine. So far i have a good start by reading and looking at other rides on this site. Right now i have purchased a DSE mini tub kit, DSE stearing box, and Koni shocks. For my motor i have an L72 that is stock with a bigger cam that i am going to connect up to a T56 that i havent purchased yet. I ordered the sugar city wheels like the the johnsons hot rods 69, and i am going to paint the centers black. the car is going to be black also with a ghosted gunmetal hockey stripe, cowl hood and SS 427 badges. I am still up in the air on which control arms to buy?? and the rear end. I am looking at the BMR control arms, but i noticed no one else is really using them??? I am going with a currie rear more than likely. thanks for keeping up such a great site.

justin

XcYZ
12-05-2005, 05:48 PM
Welcome aboard, Justin. Sounds like an awesome 69 to me. :thumbsup:

hotwheels
12-06-2005, 09:10 AM
welcome to lateral-g justin..........can't wait to see some pic's of your ride as it sit's now and then some as it goes into it's bad ass transformation. :thumbsup:

907rs
12-06-2005, 09:29 AM
Welcome Justin!

lil427z
12-06-2005, 10:06 AM
welcome justin .
rick kirkindall :)

Stuart Adams
12-06-2005, 11:18 AM
Welcome. Alot of good parts so far. These guys are always willing to help. Enjoy.

jwillia2
12-06-2005, 08:08 PM
thanks guys... i just spent the evening stripping the inside.. i have it down to the bare floorpans. looks like i am going to need the rears.. (a few holes) i am going to let my friend take the nice drip rail stainless off, because its original and its straight...