PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 57 nomad project or complete car

Bowtiguy
12-03-2005, 05:14 PM
message says it all. I had to watch 3 cars slip through m yhands that were perfect for what I wanted to do because I just started a buisness this year which took HUGE loads of $$$$$. buisness is paying the bills and I want a car to begin my project.

I won't need motor, trans, or frame for the end result, but I realize I may just end up with all of them to get a complete car with a solid body. If you or anyone you know has such a beast available, reply here or drop me an E-mail at [email protected]. Thanks!

-=Mike

hotwheels
12-03-2005, 06:51 PM
there is a guy in wheatland wyoming that has like 6 of em, i will try to see if i can get an addy or something for ya........i know they were for sale, but i don't think any of em run.......

Bowtiguy
12-04-2005, 07:18 AM
hey any help will do. I'd almost prefer a non-runner as I already have the drivetrain. I'll do a mapquest and see how far away that loocal is for me from colorado. Now you've really got me excited. :willy:

hotwheels
12-05-2005, 02:40 PM
Here ya go man......... The place belongs to Frank Jones, Wyoming Classic Cars.

Send us e-mail: [email protected]

Call us: 307-472-0269 or 307-331-0841

Visit us in person: 12200 Poison Spider Road, Casper, WY

Map and directions: Look over our map.

http://www.wyomingclassiccars.com/

Bowtiguy
12-05-2005, 11:13 PM
dam, same 'ol story just missed the car I'm looking for. I e-mailed them just in case. I had a great opportunity on 3 nice cars this year but I started a new dental practice near Boulder this past february and everytime one became available it was time to upgrade something or another at the buisness. :willy:

I'll keep looking, thanks for the lead. -=MIke

hotwheels
12-06-2005, 09:08 AM
no problem man..........you'll find one.

69MyWay
12-06-2005, 02:02 PM
Wow...That Wyoming Classics is AWESOME!

I could spend an entire vacation week walking around that field of broken glass and rusting metal.

Thanks for the link!

Bowtiguy
12-06-2005, 11:44 PM
I agree, I'll be taking a trip up there after the holidays. -14 windchill is a bit much to be "looking for the fun of it" :wow:

hotwheels
12-08-2005, 11:22 AM
no problem for the link...........It is heaven to see, that's for sure.......guy could spend day's just walkin around day dreaming.

Smack_talker
12-09-2005, 11:38 AM
What is your price range? There was one in Florida about a hour from me. It was a complete running car looked solid but the price was $10K. I'll check on it for ya if your interested.

Bowtiguy
12-10-2005, 09:59 AM
my price range would vary with the completeness of the car. But I'm thinking no more than $15K for a solid bodied car with minimal sheet metal needs and all the chrome present. I've seen quite a few drivers in the $20-25K range but I had no idea what the metal looked like under the "paint".

interior color, exterior color, motor, trans and frame are of no importance in this project. but would help off-set my initial investment via resale. I'll take any info you have on that florida car. If its complete I can pay to have it shipped. If any other car is located in the midwest, my father can deliver it on the dovetail vette trailer (It's good to have parents who race). thanks in advance for any help +/or leads. :hail:

Smack_talker
12-10-2005, 12:38 PM
my price range would vary with the completeness of the car. But I'm thinking no more than $15K for a solid bodied car with minimal sheet metal needs and all the chrome present. I've seen quite a few drivers in the $20-25K range but I had no idea what the metal looked like under the "paint".

interior color, exterior color, motor, trans and frame are of no importance in this project. but would help off-set my initial investment via resale. I'll take any info you have on that florida car. If its complete I can pay to have it shipped. If any other car is located in the midwest, my father can deliver it on the dovetail vette trailer (It's good to have parents who race). thanks in advance for any help +/or leads. :hail:

I'll call the place and see if they still have it. If they do..i'll PM you their number.

Bowtiguy
01-29-2006, 09:54 AM
well, all other leads have not panned out so well. most cars needing far more attention than I have the time or $$$ to dump into them. It's really going to suck to strip the paint off a nice driver but I just may have to if I don't find a clean body to begin my project no later than july 1st.

The 137K dominator built nomad that I was bidding on at BJ last weekend was way to rich for my blood at Michael Anthony of Van Halen added it to his collection.

any new leads on a clean 57' nomad would be great! frame/motor/trans of no significance! thanks again...-=MIke

comp-spec
01-29-2006, 06:42 PM
I know of a 56

Bowtiguy
01-29-2006, 09:37 PM
thanks for the offer, but I really like the styling of the 57.....