PDA

View Full Version : My 66 Cutlass restomod / mild pro-touring car

gearheads78
04-05-2010, 09:13 AM
With my 2nd daughter going to be here in a couple months and my first daughter with a broken arm needing surgery this week I am offering at the lowest price ever.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120552289265&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT

To keep with forum rules I will sell now for 28,500.00 but the reseve in the auction is much lower. If it hits the reserve I'm going to let it ride out.

rwhite692
04-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Sorry to hear, nice looking car! Best of luck with the sale!

gearheads78
04-07-2010, 10:08 AM
Thanks I am getting some interesting emails from people that sound like they will be serious bidders. We will see what happens in the end.

gearheads78
04-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Ends saturday night you guys need to start bidding :yes:

FETorino
04-09-2010, 07:43 PM
On sat the last hour of the auction or more likely the last 30 seconds as they all look to snipe each other either sitting at their screen or via software.

Ends saturday night you guys need to start bidding :yes:

gearheads78
04-09-2010, 07:45 PM
I know I was just hoping to get closer before the bidding really starts :_paranoid

70rs
04-09-2010, 08:13 PM
They all wait to see what the other guy is going to do. As a seller it would drive me nuts waiting for some action to start.

You have a really nice car and I know how much time and effort you put into it. All the details really add up and make a difference.
When the right person sees it they will also see all of that and appreciate what you have done. It will sell. And if it matters I bet it goes to a good new home too.:cheers:

PS How is your wife and daughter doing? (the pregnancy and broken arm)

SWAPMEETCRAZY
04-09-2010, 08:45 PM
[QUOTE=70rs;281150]They all wait to see what the other guy is going to do. As a seller it would drive me nuts waiting for some action to start.

Hey Eric--the reason for that is what happens frequently on Ebay is if a live buyer gets anxious there are some sellers who will push him with phony bids--So u learn to give a MAX bid at the end so there is no phony pushing by the seller-He doesn't have time nor does he want to go around the legit guy!!

Richard , I am going to bid at the end--the paint issue is holding most back in my mind--but I agree with the rest--It has a LOTTTT of extra time and work--I would be very proud--Sorry about the daughter!!

If it doesn't bust reserve , I will call u next week jim

(by the way would it kill u if i painted it BLACK!!!!) :wow:

gearheads78
04-09-2010, 10:41 PM
They all wait to see what the other guy is going to do. As a seller it would drive me nuts waiting for some action to start.

You have a really nice car and I know how much time and effort you put into it. All the details really add up and make a difference.
When the right person sees it they will also see all of that and appreciate what you have done. It will sell. And if it matters I bet it goes to a good new home too.:cheers:

PS How is your wife and daughter doing? (the pregnancy and broken arm)

The wife and daughter are doing well. She got her cast yesterday and now its like nothing ever happened. The cast is not slowing her down even a little. Now if only the damn doctor and hospital bills would slow down LOL. They are kicking my ass even after insurance.

(by the way would it kill u if i painted it BLACK!!!!) :wow:

Only if you changed the interior to red. You would truly be finishing it the way it is in my dreams. I might have to hit a bridge pillar then. :D

gearheads78
04-10-2010, 09:21 PM
WOW that sucked. When I listed just after Thanksgiving last year it went to $22,500.00 which was not too far from my reserve this week. I may list again after tax season is over but in the mean time $26,000.00 is the firm price I will take.

SWAPMEETCRAZY
04-10-2010, 09:22 PM
With my 2nd daughter going to be here in a couple months and my first daughter with a broken arm needing surgery this week I am offering at the lowest price ever.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120552289265&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT

To keep with forum rules I will sell now for 28,500.00 but the reseve in the auction is much lower. If it hits the reserve I'm going to let it ride out.

Evidently I didn't quite get 2 reserve--I've got a sale pending on my truck
for monday--May be able to push a little more money your way -Will call u early in the week! jim :)

gearheads78
04-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Evidently I didn't quite get 2 reserve--I've got a sale pending on my truck
for monday--May be able to push a little more money your way -Will call u early in the week! jim :)

Looks like you and I were typing at the same time. I will take $26,000 for it.
If that works for you call me 2l4 793 OO29

thanks
Richard

coolwelder62
04-10-2010, 10:39 PM
Richard that's a nice car.Good luck w/ the sale.Look's like ton a work.:thumbsup:

FETorino
04-10-2010, 11:17 PM
A lot of car.

Looks like you and I were typing at the same time. I will take $26,000 for it.
If that works for you call me 2l4 793 OO29

thanks
Richard

gearheads78
04-11-2010, 09:17 AM
A lot of car for the money.

I agree whole completely and the receipts I have is a folder will back it up. In fact I have some other stuff for sale if they sell first the price goes up on this or it goes back inside the shop and apart to paint it.

gearheads78
04-18-2010, 10:09 AM
up we go....will be at Pate Swap Meet in the car corral

SWAPMEETCRAZY
04-18-2010, 08:38 PM
up we go....will be at Pate Swap Meet in the car corral

Ok I'm going to do u 1 better--Since I have talked to U on the phone last week
and found U to be a straight up person--(Like I hope U found me!! lol) I will offer this--If it does not sell at Pate--I will give U a spot in my swapmeet in Houston on May 16th!! (LARGEST 1 DAY SWAPMEET IN TEXAS!!) All it will cost u is the gas!! MAYBE I CAN GET MY WIFE THRILLED ENOUGH ABOUT IT TO CLOSE THE GAP BETWEEN US!!!

Regardless U will have 5-7000 Houstonians and others to look at that gorgeous car--Let me know and good luck!!! jim :unibrow:

gearheads78
04-18-2010, 10:28 PM
and found U to be a straight up person--(Like I hope U found me!! lol) I will offer this--If it does not sell at Pate--I will give U a spot in my swapmeet in Houston on May 16th!! (LARGEST 1 DAY SWAPMEET IN TEXAS!!) All it will cost u is the gas!! MAYBE I CAN GET MY WIFE THRILLED ENOUGH ABOUT IT TO CLOSE THE GAP BETWEEN US!!!

Regardless U will have 5-7000 Houstonians and others to look at that gorgeous car--Let me know and good luck!!! jim :unibrow:

Thanks a ton. If that is a weekend I am off I will take you up on it for sure.
Richard

gearheads78
05-01-2010, 10:30 PM
Well I would be rich if I had $100.00 for eveybody that told me I had such a nice car I wish I could afford it this weekend.

$26,000 I know someone out there wants it and has the money. SW? It would look great sitting next to your new 70 Chevelle. This one already has the 5-speed :D

SWAPMEETCRAZY
05-03-2010, 08:52 PM

Offer still good!!! Trying to sell the Camaro above--May be at My meet also--Jim

gearheads78
05-04-2010, 10:04 PM
Offer still good!!! Trying to sell the Camaro above--May be at My meet also--Jim

Do you need to know by a certain date if I can make it or not? I am not sure I can get off that weekend.
Thanks

SWAPMEETCRAZY
05-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Do you need to know by a certain date if I can make it or not? I am not sure I can get off that weekend.
Thanks

No this meet is 1st come 1st serve that Sunday morning--Was sold out by 9am last time--I will fit u in!! Best thing to do is keep this phone # and call me around that weekend (16th) if u are coming!! 337-249-7667 jim :thumbsup:

gearheads78
05-11-2010, 10:04 AM
Sold:) :(

SWAPMEETCRAZY
05-11-2010, 08:23 PM
way to go!!!!!!!!:unibrow: jim