PDA

View Full Version : New Seats

Modmach1
12-01-2005, 06:03 PM
Im currently fixing up a 73 Mustang Mach-1 and my seats are just not right for the car! I have looked at Tea`s Design and they have a few nice ones.
Are there any other makes that makes as low seats as Tea`s that some of you would recommand?

I would like my seats in this back height, not more (if more, than not much)
http://www.teasdesign.com/seats/pro97/pro97.jpg

XcYZ
12-01-2005, 06:58 PM
I'm VERY good friends with the owners and they're right here in my town. They make nice stuff if you want the low back style. If you call them, ask for Charley and tell him I sent you. :thumbsup:

awr68
12-01-2005, 08:42 PM
My favorite lowback is the Procar Rally, you can get them from Motorsport Seats... (http://www.motorsportseats.com/procar/rally.html) They offer discounts to our members here too!! Just mention the site and tell Jim, Anthony or Scott sent ya!! :thumbsup:

I've seen these in a few muscle cars and thought they looked very good as well as very functional without getting too racey for some interiors/build styles...

XcYZ
12-01-2005, 09:27 PM
My favorite lowback is the Procar Rally, you can get them from Motorsport Seats (http://www.motorsportseats.com) They offer discounts to our members here too!! Just mention the site and tell Jim, Anthony or Scott sent ya!! :thumbsup:

That's where I got my Corbeau's; Jim is a great guy to work with. :thumbsup:

XcYZ
12-01-2005, 11:05 PM
The guys at TEA's are my friends and have helped me out in the past. It was obvious that your agenda was to drive business away from them and to you. Since that was the case, I merely suggested that you become a sponsor here and you'd be welcome to solicit all the business you'd like.

I guess we've grown to the point that the Administrators and Moderators will have to develop a set of guidelines for what's acceptable for soliciting business here.

Sorry it had to come to this.

Tea's Seats
12-02-2005, 10:26 AM
Seams as though that there is a misunderstanding about the products that come from Tea’s Design. I would like to clear them up for people. This misunderstanding comes from people who speak of other products and have never check into those products for themselves. They just listen to other people and follow there leads. As to weather we sell our seats with out extra fabric. For the past 22 years we have ALWAYS sold our seats to any one, even upholsters, with out selling them extra matching material. There are several reasons why we do this including the fact that some customers may not have the money to get it at that time, all the way to the fact that there upholster has talked them into letting them charge them more labor hours to recover them in another material that we may not offer. We always recommend to every customer to get the extra matching material at the same time and explain to them that there can be differences in dye lots, especially leather, to avoid mismatching colors in the ending stages of a interior. If the misunderstanding is weather or not we sell our seat uncovered, that we do not do. We take pride in every seat that leaves our shop and insure they look the best they can be with out relying on another shop to make our image. If our products do get recovered it is at that point not our concern to what the end result may be good or bad. I hope this clears up the misunderstanding that people may have. Any further questions regarding our products I hope are directed to my attention and they will be answered promptly.

Modmach1
12-02-2005, 11:17 AM
Hi Again !
I have seen at The FastForward Fastback by Troy Trepanier and i really like those seat, can you Charlie (Tea`s) tell me what style that is`? Or are the FastForward seats just one of`s? I just mean the seats, and not the custom upholstery ;)
I have sent an email to Troy and i got an answer back, but because of my bad english i think he did not understod the question..stupid me :rolleyes:

And one more thing, do you send to Norway?

Tea's Seats
12-02-2005, 12:25 PM
You bet we ship every were. To you we would use North West Air Cargo so you would have to pick them up at an international air port that they fly to. Don't have any idea what the cost would be or customs charges? Those seat in Troy mustang were one of our "Pro" style hot rod seats that have the larger bolsters on the side for more lateral support. The colors and stitching was custom to some rederings from Troy but we can a simular design if you would like or we offer 3 designs. We offer many materials that can finish the seats in like suede, ultraleather, vinyls, and ofcourse leather!!!! We can also do the seats all one material or in you would like suede in the inserts or 2-tone we can also provide that option for you as well. Please contact me if you are in need of color selections or possible pics to look at. Thank you and hope this helps.
Charlie Ashton

awr68
12-02-2005, 10:55 PM
The guys at TEA's are my friends and have helped me out in the past. It was obvious that your agenda was to drive business away from them and to you. Since that was the case, I merely suggested that you become a sponsor here and you'd be welcome to solicit all the business you'd like.

I guess we've grown to the point that the Administrators and Moderators will have to develop a set of guidelines for what's acceptable for soliciting business here.

Sorry it had to come to this.

Did I miss something?

XcYZ
12-03-2005, 08:42 AM
No worries, Anthony. An ex-member deleted his posts so I deleted a few of mine. He bagged on TEA's Designs and said untrue things about them and then posted pics of his own products so I stepped in. It was clear he was only trying to push his products instead of just trying to help a guy out who had questions.

Anyways, your connection at MotorsportSeats.com is a good one. I've bought 2 sets of Corbeau's from Jim. :thumbsup:

awr68
12-04-2005, 12:26 AM
Thanks for clearing that up Scott!

Yep, Jim is a great guy and has helped out quite a few of us now!
I got my Sparco seats, sliders/mounts, harnesses, fabric for back seat, and steering wheel from him....

4mm
12-04-2005, 12:48 AM
Here is one other alternative to low back seats..they look pretty good and we all recognize the name. These are my lowback favorites.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RECARO-69-73-Porsche-lowback-racing-bucket-seats-pair_W0QQitemZ8018458722QQcategoryZ33701QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-RECARO-CUSTOM-LEATHER-SEATS-STREET-ROD-SPORTS-CAR_W0QQitemZ4595398740QQcategoryZ34206QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

XcYZ
12-04-2005, 09:58 AM
Here is one other alternative to low back seats..they look pretty good and we all recognize the name. These are my lowback favorites.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RECARO-69-73-Porsche-lowback-racing-bucket-seats-pair_W0QQitemZ8018458722QQcategoryZ33701QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-RECARO-CUSTOM-LEATHER-SEATS-STREET-ROD-SPORTS-CAR_W0QQitemZ4595398740QQcategoryZ34206QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

Cool, Recaro's. :thumbsup:

ilovefirstgens
12-04-2005, 02:04 PM
Well i don't mean to rain on this parade... and its probably been stated before, but having low back seats (no head rests) is to me pretty damn dangerous especially in cars that are capeable of insane speeds!

I only say this because a year and a half ago i was minding my own buisness driving to my friends house on a friday afternoon, and sitting at a stop light got rear ended by a car going "over 40" not only did my beloved car get totaled but i got a real nice tweak in my back from being rag dolled. But i really doubt it wouldnt have been much worse with out the 3 point belts and head rests.... before my car goes back on the road im getting some 3 points and high backs (actually procar rally) Also the procars and recaros come with headrests so maybe just popping them off when yopu get to the car show. Personally id rather have a not so well flowing interior than take a risk be paralised... just my $0.02

P.S. This is coming from a 18 year old guy with a motorcycle haha

mazspeed
12-08-2005, 07:43 PM
Here is a question along the same lines. I need seats for my 67 camaro. I was thinking Viper seats and then have them re done to fit my needs. Has anyone used a viper seat in a Camaro? How was it and did they like it?

Thanks
Mike

jonny51
12-08-2005, 09:05 PM
Trush has them in his camaro and I believe he likes them.

XcYZ
12-08-2005, 10:32 PM
Yep, Trush has them and I know he likes them.

www.lateral-g.net/trush/trushinterior.jpg

mazspeed
12-08-2005, 11:06 PM
Thanks guys, now I have to go find a pair fast. Car is getting close.

68-GTO
12-09-2005, 09:57 PM
Hey Scott, i noticed you said you got your Corbeau's from motorsportseats.com, i was wondering which seats you ended up getting. I was looking around on the site and i'm interested in a set of some Corbeau CR1's or the TRS seats. I also noticed Tony said if you ask for either of the guys who work there, you can get a discount. I guess what i want to know is, how easy is it to get a discount from them, do i just need to be a member here or what?

It also sounds like Jim's the man to talk to for the deals

Brian

XcYZ
12-10-2005, 08:36 AM
Brian, I have the CR1's, but the only seat time I have with them is when I sit in my project and pretend to drive. lol

Jim's website is www.MotorsportSeats.com

You can ask him about the Lateral-g.net discount and tell him Tony sent you. :thumbsup:

68-GTO
12-10-2005, 01:01 PM
hahah, i'll be doing alot of pretending soon. How do the CR1's feel just sitting in them, they sound like there fairly comfortable from their description on the site, are they extra tight in the kidney area or would you say a mild comfortable tightness in the kidney area?

Are you going to be using a harness with the seats (from the looks of your car, i would say yes) have you already bought a harness, is it 4, 5, or 6 point?

even though i havent bought seats yet, i just want to say thanks scott and tony for making good connections for all of us to get discounts! :thumbsup:

XcYZ
12-10-2005, 01:44 PM
I'll be using a 4 point setup in my car.

The seats fit great, but I'm not exactly skinny either. How tall are you and what's your waist size? I'm at 36" and I'm happy with the seats.

68-GTO
12-10-2005, 03:20 PM
I'm 6' and my waist is about 32"

XcYZ
12-10-2005, 04:12 PM
Then I'd say you'd be happy with them. The CR1's I have are just a touch tight in my waist/kidney area - with my 36" waist.

68-GTO
12-10-2005, 07:04 PM
Awesome, i pretty much have my mind set on the CR1's, they're reasonably priced for what they are. The seats look really nice on that website but i'd like to see a snap shot of your interior with them, or anyones interior with some new seats for that matter.

Modmach1
10-13-2006, 01:59 PM
You bet we ship every were. To you we would use North West Air Cargo so you would have to pick them up at an international air port that they fly to. Don't have any idea what the cost would be or customs charges? Those seat in Troy mustang were one of our "Pro" style hot rod seats that have the larger bolsters on the side for more lateral support. The colors and stitching was custom to some rederings from Troy but we can a simular design if you would like or we offer 3 designs. We offer many materials that can finish the seats in like suede, ultraleather, vinyls, and ofcourse leather!!!! We can also do the seats all one material or in you would like suede in the inserts or 2-tone we can also provide that option for you as well. Please contact me if you are in need of color selections or possible pics to look at. Thank you and hope this helps.
Charlie Ashton

To Tea's seats or XcYZ.
Im coming over for sema show and i wonder if there are any shops that sells Teas Design seats in California or is Tea's the only place to buy them at?
It would have been easier to buy them when im over there, so i took care of the "shipping" myself :)

deuce_454
10-20-2006, 10:22 AM
I bought a set of the Procar seats through mustangsplus who also suppled my suspension, they really look nice in the mustang (mine is a 65 though) the comfort is awesome and they really support nicely... they are however a little plastic-ish.. the piece that covers the reglining mechanism is covered by some china quality plastic, and the map pocket fell off first time i put my hand in it..

mabe im just picky but they dont have the "recaro" feel to them... on the other hand are they affordable, comfortable, a good fit and bolt right in..

thats my 2 cents