PDA

View Full Version : My car in a GM resto ad

DRJDVM's '69
03-26-2010, 12:01 PM
My car showed up in another advertisement :)

http://www.gmrestorationparts.com/welcome.asp?session=E76A6BB13A3A4035B351BCF22EEB44 48&d=&c=42166YHNOXFJ05C&s=

All these pix were shot by a friend about 4 years ago and he placed them on one of those cheap download sites. He gets like 5 cents each time they are used .....whoopie!!

So they've shown up in..
Eastwood catalog...but they changed it to blue :)
CPP add....very small shot
Cragar Wheels...they photoshopped diff wheels
Billboard in So Cal for some burger place...changed it to blue also
GM resto

I think there was one more, but I've drawn a blank....

Bakaruda
03-26-2010, 01:08 PM
Sweet.

214Chevy
03-26-2010, 01:58 PM
Hey, I think your car would look better in blue.:rofl: :rofl:

Vegas69
03-26-2010, 03:35 PM
Looks crooked. :rofl:

BonzoHansen
03-26-2010, 03:47 PM
That's crazy they can just d/l them and use them as they please.

214Chevy
03-26-2010, 04:06 PM
That's crazy they can just d/l them and use them as they please.

Well, he said is friend downloaded them some years ago. With all entities, such as TV, radio, print media(newspaper, mags), computer websites, etc, there's always a disclaimer that says in so many words, "ALL PICS, VIDEOS AND ENTRIES BECOME SOLE OWNERSHIP OF __________ COMPANY." With that being said, they can download or use any pic at their discretion. Such as, this instance where they could change the color of the car and use his pic as many times as they would like. Lastly, to all you freaky guys out there, that's why you should not send or receive naked pics by text, email or any other outlet. Because anyone can intercept them and when they do you can do nothing about it because you sent it thru an outlet used by the public or the owners of the lines/tower which will be AT&T, Verizon, Time Warner, etc.

DRJDVM's '69
03-26-2010, 05:03 PM
I think you're right Todd !!! It was that way all along :wow:

Yes they can use them all they want and for next to nothing. Thats the nature of those photo websites. Alot of the smaller semi-pro photographers use those sites...download pix with the hope that they can then use that exposure to get more larger paying gigs. He's had quite a few of his pix show up in pamphlets and other ads....and he gets next to nothing for them. The whole website is set up like that.... the company or individual subscribes to the website and then downloads stuff for next to nothing......from my understanding alot of the companies are doing it. Whay pay some big $$ for a pro photographer, location, model etc, when you can find something for pennies that will still suit your needs......its not like they are stealing them off some random website forum etc.

I dont mind....its not like I'm going to have my car show up in these ads if I was asking for $$...its fun to open something up and see your car in some national ad :)

tones2SS
03-26-2010, 05:11 PM
That's awesome.
GOOD DEAL!:thumbsup:

Vegas69
03-26-2010, 05:14 PM
I was just harrasing you, I can't really tell. I bet you're right though.

BonzoHansen
03-26-2010, 05:15 PM
You should send some letters, maybe you can get some free stuff at least!

DRJDVM's '69
03-26-2010, 09:21 PM
I know Todd... I'm just kidding too :)

I confronted the Cragar guys at SEMA to see if I could hit up some free "swag".... they had no clue and basically told me that they hire outside agencies that do all that stuff...its not done in house at Cragar. I got some basic free stuff, but it wasnt much. I was hoping that when I found the booth at SEMA my pix would be all over their ads and display but it wasnt :(

70rs
03-26-2010, 09:58 PM
Looks crooked. :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :cheers:

Your car looks good in all the ads Ned.

class67
03-28-2010, 01:10 AM
Ned, I swear a saw a picture of your car today at the GG show in one of the buildings....a classic car insurance co. was using it as well, can't remember which co. it was, but I could swear it is your car.

rwhite692
03-31-2010, 02:38 PM
I think there was one more, but I've drawn a blank....

It was the dude who painted it for you...His ad in the phone book, remember? LOL

buickfunnycar.com
03-31-2010, 02:45 PM
You should send some letters, maybe you can get some free stuff at least!

Doesn't quite work like that though Scott,my cars have appeared in all sorts of print ads after the CHP/Flowmaster shoots,nothing I can do about that.

Pace Performance sent me a shirt and a bag of goodies when the '70 Z/28 appeared on the cover of their catalog...that was the only thing I've ever gotten.