PDA

View Full Version : December 05 Feature car: Jeff Trush's 69 Camaro

XcYZ
11-30-2005, 11:44 PM
Making Jeff's car a feature of the month was a no brainer. As some of you may know, Jeff and I go way back and it was our friendship that really started this entire website. I got to know him through www.Camaros.net when I contacted him with a question about his AGR steering box, and we really hit it off. At the time, I was hosting pictures of my car on the free space that my cable ISP provided and Jeff asked if I could host a couple of his car for him... And that's how it all started - this entire site grew from there.

Bitchin convertible, Jeff. :hail:

http://www.lateral-g.net/dec_ft.jpg (www.lateral-g.net/trush)

hotwheels
12-01-2005, 03:54 AM
congrat's man..........and that is a kewl story guy's........pretty inspiritional!!! :thumbsup:

Ricochet
12-01-2005, 05:03 AM
Congrats to you Jeff!! Once again you get the spotlight! Well deserved. I feel like a broken record, but no doubt one, if not the nicest ragtop Camaro I have ever seen. Everything about it is as good as it gets. The story with your Dad just makes it even better. Congrats again my friend! :thumbsup:

Brent

Rick Dorion
12-01-2005, 07:04 AM
I'm wearing out the issue that the resto write-up is in! I love it :)

slck6t9
12-01-2005, 07:39 AM
EXCELLENT choice Scott. Ever since I saw the air cleaner set on Jeff's car I have been dreaming of having one. Someday maybe. Again congrad's Jeff beautiful car.

Scott

Ummgawa
12-01-2005, 08:00 AM
I have to say, like the others here, that Jeff's 69 is the most well thought out and executed cars I have ever seen. Plus the fact its a Ragtop AND a Pacecar. Probably the thing that hooked me was the tribute to his father. I'm real tight with my Dad, too. I remember when the site was Scott, Jeff, Jody, Brent and Steevo. Amazing how far the site has come. Great guys like Trush are the reason this site has prospered.

Awesome car and awsome dude. Trush, You da man!! :hail:

steemin
12-01-2005, 08:33 AM
This car is one of my favorites.
Growing up there was a guy down the street that owned a 69 Pace car.
He was kind enough to take me for a couple of rides.
Top down,chambered exhaust rumbling.
I was in love with that car.
Your build is a great example of a well thought out and executed plan.
I can't think of a better tribute to your father. :thumbsup:
Scott

907rs
12-01-2005, 09:18 AM
Congrats, Trush. Killer car, it couldn't have happened to a better guy.

Speedster
12-01-2005, 09:22 AM
I remember seeing this on the cover of CarCraft and saying to my wife,
holy $#!&, now that's a nice ride... :thumbsup:

BC69
12-01-2005, 10:05 AM
Congrats!!! So many things to love about that car!

Tim

rwhite692
12-01-2005, 10:49 AM
Congratulations Jeff, it was great to meet you @SEMA and thank you for sharing the back story about your car, the good, the bad, the ugly... Knowing the whole story really makes one appreciate everything that you have been through with the car over the years, and the tribute to your Dad couldn't have come across as more heartfelt. Great stuff. -Rob

TA219
12-01-2005, 10:54 AM
Congrats, that was a great story.

I guess that if his car was holding together afterbeing as rusted out as he describes then i should quit worrying if my 67 will hold together after i am done with it :willy:

67Sally
12-01-2005, 09:35 PM
Your car is one of my favorites Jeff. :thumbsup:
W.

Stuart Adams
12-01-2005, 09:54 PM
Awesome car for a great guy. I had a blast at SEMA, we actually kinda think alike - scarry huh.
Your car is class all the way, very cool and is one of the best out there.

awr68
12-01-2005, 11:20 PM
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that car!! Great story too, and I think you know your father was and is still watching with a BIG smile on his face...I'm sure he is VERY proud of you and your family!! Hope to meet you at SEMA 06!!

Roger Poirier
12-02-2005, 08:11 PM
Great car, great story! :thumbsup: I lost both my mom and dad in the last 3 years. Yep, car unfinished. Oh well, maybe they can see my car from above like your father.

Congrats,

R.P.

Diognes56
12-03-2005, 05:16 PM
:hail: :hail: :hail:

David

61Bubbletop
12-06-2005, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the great feature Scott!...and thanks for the kinds words guys. It is much appreciated. I am going to be sending Scott some more poics of the metal work, and other things. Great site, great cars...great people, what more can you ask.... :hail:

And here's to the Captain...Arrrg!!! :captain:

Autokraft
12-06-2005, 08:42 PM
Jeff,

I still remember picking up the mag with your car on the cover thinking "Wow"
That is one nice ragtop you have there. Very nice article btw. ;)

It was nice meeting you at Sema too!!

Kurt

www.autokraft.org

XcYZ
12-06-2005, 11:44 PM
I added about 30 new pictures of Jeff's car tonight. :thumbsup:

www.Lateral-g.net/trush

http://www.lateral-g.net/trush/glamorshot.jpg (www.Lateral-g.net/trush)

mazspeed
12-09-2005, 12:20 AM
Thanks for the great feature Scott!...and thanks for the kinds words guys. It is much appreciated. I am going to be sending Scott some more poics of the metal work, and other things. Great site, great cars...great people, what more can you ask.... :hail:

And here's to the Captain...Arrrg!!! :captain:
Great car Jeff, and the story was great as well. Dad's are the best :thumbsup:

camcojb
12-09-2005, 12:44 AM
Yep, great car and great guy! :thumbsup:

Jody