PDA

View Full Version : WTT: Jeep YJ 350TPI/700R4

American
03-17-2010, 08:36 PM
I'm looking for 68-72 Firebird/TA, 67-73 Camaro, 68-72 or 80-82 Corvette Pro Touring type car. I might be open to other cars as well. In the mood for something fast. JUST finished this Jeep but have gotten rid of my dirt toys as I never have time to hit the trails, need something I can pull out of the garage and go drive.

Here is what I have:

1988 Jeep YJ (Wrangler) Laredo
Original red paint/hard doors (not a speck of rust)
Grey Interior and tops (all in great shape)
Hard top
Bestop Bikini top (one gray and one urban camo)

1991 350TPI - L98 and 700R4 transmission from a Z28
B&M Megashifter
NP241 transfer case out of a 1 ton Chevrolet.
Air Conditioner

I have had this Jeep for about 5 years but really just got around to building it about 2 years ago.

Engine: Built a nice L98 350 using hypereutectic pistons, used the stock profile roller cam. Parallel decked the block and align honed then bored .030 with a cast .010/.010 crank. Had some new valves installed and a good 3 angle job done to the heads. HV oil pump, double roller chain, roller rockers...everything new inside. Stock HP was 245, should easily be around 275 now. (I was in the engine business for 10+ years so this isn't my first rebuild).

Bought some very nice stainless block hugger headers with good thick flanges, very nice. Removed all of the smog equipment, air injected manifolds etc., this is a toy and you can't change spark plugs with those manifolds and pump hoses in the way...MUCH better now. Found a routing diagram (since I removed the smog pump) on a TPI forum with the correct belt PN, works great. New 730 computer, sensors (all of them) belt, Optima battery, heavy duty starter, hoses, wires, fuel pump, filter, regulator...the whole 9 yards.

Had a custom built aluminum radiator made with a Spahl electric fan, stays cool even in 100 degree weather. Installed an aluminum water pump. Probably saved over 100lbs on the front with the radiator and exhaust/smog mods. Mounted a spun aluminum coolant recycling canister under the battery tray.

Wiring & Electronics: Full rewiring from dash forward. Eliminated all unnecessary wiring and totally rewired everything else. Custom TPI harness and a whole lot more by Auto Electric in Fort Worth. Autometer gauges, tach, speedo, oil pressure, voltmeter, trans temp, fuel and amps. New center gauge cluster that angles the gauges to the driver and is setup for Autometer gauges AND the speedo/tach pod.

Wheels & Tires: 15x8 Rock Crawlers and 33/12.5/15 Pro Comp Xtreme MT's, much better.

Bumpers: Had some custom front and rear bumpers made. Rear with a 2" receiver and dring mounts. Front with dring mounts, winch mount plate and fairlead mount built in along with 4 light tabs.

Suspension: Rough Country 4" lift with 1" shackles. Steering dampner and all new hardware. 2" body lift. New steering gear box.

Axles: 8.8 rear axle out of a 96 Explorer (disc brakes). Yukon 4.56 gears for it and the front Dana 30 along with a Detroit TrueTrac for the D30 and some 4340 alloy axles and Spicer 760 ujoints. Aussie Locker for the 8.8 and the MORE axle mount and ebrake kits as well. SYE (yoke eliminator) kit for the NP241 transfer case and CV driveshaft, all installed by BaerTrax in Dallas.

Interior: Full AutoMeter gauges. Black/gray Smittybilt XRC seats, Corbeau harnesses (black) with red shoulder pads. Bought the matching rear seat cover.Interior is gray (09) but the rollbar pads were pretty ratty so I bought some black covers to replace them. They go well with the XRC seats, black half doors and urban camo half top. Kenwood remote stereo/cd with soundbar. Cobra CB radio, rear speaker mounted on soundbar and FireStik antenna.

Exterior: 6 Pro Comp 100w 6" lights, 4 to go on the bumper and 2 to on the A pillar mounts.
TJ style Xenon 6" wide flat fender flares
WildBuilt sliders/side steps (will be here next week)
Mile Marker 9500lb winch.
HyLift jack and hood mount.
All new weatherstripping on hard top.
New Sylvania xenon headlights

Jeep runs perfectly and is a real head turner. Quite fast for a Jeep yet is dependable and very docile...will putt around at 3 MPH all day or run down the highway at 70MPH turning 2100 RPM's! I love the 700R4 and 4.56 combo!

Basically this Jeep is mechanically brand new front to back. The paint buffs out nicely, has a few spots and dings but still looks very nice, definitely not worth painting, especially if you are going to take it off road. I have well over 25,000.00 invested in this build.

Here is a recent pic:
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_bnYzbmufcBE/S1UrodS-v0I/AAAAAAAAAyU/NU8JAC2MWCU/s640/IMG_0438.JPG

More photos here: http://picasaweb.google.com/sporttwin/Jeep

Located in Fort Worth, Texas. 214.223.5100 cell. Brad

eurekomash
07-02-2011, 12:50 AM
I'm looking for 68-72 Firebird/TA, 67-73 Camaro, 68-72 or 80-82 Corvette Pro Touring type car. I might be open to other cars as well. In the mood for something fast. JUST finished this Jeep but have gotten rid of my dirt toys as I never have time to hit the trails, need something I can pull out of the garage and go drive.

Here is what I have:

1988 Jeep YJ (Wrangler) Laredo
Original red paint/hard doors (not a speck of rust)
Grey Interior and tops (all in great shape)
Hard top
Bestop Bikini top (one gray and one urban camo)

1991 350TPI - L98 and 700R4 transmission from a Z28
B&M Megashifter
NP241 transfer case out of a 1 ton Chevrolet.
Air Conditioner

I have had this Jeep for about 5 years but really just got around to building it about 2 years ago.

Engine: Built a nice L98 350 using hypereutectic pistons, used the stock profile roller cam. Parallel decked the block and align honed then bored .030 with a cast .010/.010 crank. Had some new valves installed and a good 3 angle job done to the heads. HV oil pump, double roller chain, roller rockers...everything new inside. Stock HP was 245, should easily be around 275 now. (I was in the engine business for 10+ years so this isn't my first rebuild).

Bought some very nice stainless block hugger headers with good thick flanges, very nice. Removed all of the smog equipment, air injected manifolds etc., this is a toy and you can't change spark plugs with those manifolds and pump hoses in the way...MUCH better now. Found a routing diagram (since I removed the smog pump) on a TPI forum with the correct belt PN, works great. New 730 computer, sensors (all of them) belt, Optima battery, heavy duty starter, hoses, wires, fuel pump, filter, regulator...the whole 9 yards.

Had a custom built aluminum radiator made with a Spahl electric fan, stays cool even in 100 degree weather. Installed an aluminum water pump. Probably saved over 100lbs on the front with the radiator and exhaust/smog mods. Mounted a spun aluminum coolant recycling canister under the battery tray.

Wiring & Electronics: Full rewiring from dash forward. Eliminated all unnecessary wiring and totally rewired everything else. Custom TPI harness and a whole lot more by Auto Electric in Fort Worth. Autometer gauges, tach, speedo, oil pressure, voltmeter, trans temp, fuel and amps. New center gauge cluster that angles the gauges to the driver and is setup for Autometer gauges AND the speedo/tach pod.

Wheels & Tires: 15x8 Rock Crawlers and 33/12.5/15 Pro Comp Xtreme MT's, much better.

Bumpers: Had some custom front and rear bumpers made. Rear with a 2" receiver and dring mounts. Front with dring mounts, winch mount plate and fairlead mount built in along with 4 light tabs.

Suspension: Rough Country 4" lift with 1" shackles. Steering dampner and all new hardware. 2" body lift. New steering gear box.

Axles: 8.8 rear axle out of a 96 Explorer (disc brakes). Yukon 4.56 gears for it and the front Dana 30 along with a Detroit TrueTrac for the D30 and some 4340 alloy axles and Spicer 760 ujoints. Aussie Locker for the 8.8 and the MORE axle mount and ebrake kits as well. SYE (yoke eliminator) kit for the NP241 transfer case and CV driveshaft, all installed by BaerTrax in Dallas.

Interior: Full AutoMeter gauges. Black/gray Smittybilt XRC seats, Corbeau harnesses (black) with red shoulder pads. Bought the matching rear seat cover.Interior is gray (09) but the rollbar pads were pretty ratty so I bought some black covers to replace them. They go well with the XRC seats, black half doors and urban camo half top. Kenwood remote stereo/cd with soundbar. Cobra CB radio, rear speaker mounted on soundbar and FireStik antenna.

Exterior: 6 Pro Comp 100w 6" lights, 4 to go on the bumper and 2 to on the A pillar mounts.
TJ style Xenon 6" wide flat fender flares
WildBuilt sliders/side steps (will be here next week)
Mile Marker 9500lb winch.
HyLift jack and hood mount.
All new weatherstripping on hard top.
New Sylvania xenon headlights

Jeep runs perfectly and is a real head turner. Quite fast for a Jeep yet is dependable and very docile...will putt around at 3 MPH all day or run down the highway at 70MPH turning 2100 RPM's! I love the 700R4 and 4.56 combo!

Basically this Jeep is mechanically brand new front to back. The paint buffs out nicely, has a few spots and dings but still looks very nice, definitely not worth painting, especially if you are going to take it off road. I have well over 25,000.00 invested in this build.

Here is a recent pic:
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_bnYzbmufcBE/S1UrodS-v0I/AAAAAAAAAyU/NU8JAC2MWCU/s640/IMG_0438.JPG

More photos here: http://picasaweb.google.com/sporttwin/Jeep

Located in Fort Worth, Texas. 214.223.5100 cell. Brad

Sorry for the disturbance. Im not here for anything but just interested with this jeep. Quite old but still kicking hah..?love the red color and of course the big mad wheels. Looking forward to scratch a machine like this to somebody's hands......

American
07-02-2011, 04:28 AM
Sorry for the disturbance. Im not here for anything but just interested with this jeep. Quite old but still kicking hah..?love the red color and of course the big mad wheels. Looking forward to scratch a machine like this to somebody's hands......

???????