PDA

View Full Version : Help with 1LE rotor fitment

hotwired
03-16-2010, 12:46 AM
Does anyone know if the 1LE rotors will fit on an a-body (GM 68-72) spindle? I am looking at the new wilwood D-52 calipers and they will except up to a 12" rotor, so now I am on the hunt to find a 12" rotor to replace the stock 10". Why do I only want to run a 12" front rotor? I want to be able run a 17" TT2 and stock 15" buick ralley wheels. :bow: Thanks again to anyone that can help.

hotwired
03-16-2010, 09:47 PM
No one knows? :willy: I was hoping I did not have to go this alone:D
Spindles: A-body (68-72)
Rotors: 12" 1LE Camaro
Calipers : Wilwood new D-52 replacement
Thanks again :cheers:

Apogee
03-19-2010, 10:15 AM
The problem is that the 1LE rotor uses a SET3 outer wheel bearing with a .844" inside diameter and your short-spindle uses a SET2 outer wheel bearing with a .750" ID. Aisde from sleeving the rotor (which I'm not too keen on), the only option I can think of involves swapping your spindles.

I was recently made aware of a stock height (6472SS12) and 2" drop spindle (6472DS12) that CPP offers to do exactly what you are looking to do. It uses the 1LE rotor and D52 caliper...done deal.

Hope that helps,
Tobin
KORE3

hotwired
03-19-2010, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the info:thumbsup: are there any other options for a 12" disc set up on a budget? I really did not want to use a drop spindle (was looking to use the sc&c upper arms and ball joints)

Apogee
03-20-2010, 07:50 AM
Thanks for the info:thumbsup: are there any other options for a 12" disc set up on a budget? I really did not want to use a drop spindle (was looking to use the sc&c upper arms and ball joints)

Cheaper than the stock height CPP spindles (6472SS12) I noted before? I guess piecing together a B-body spindle swap using wrecking yard spindles and 1LE rotors might be cheaper assuming you can find a set of decent spindles and brakes for cheap. You'd still need to modify the lower ball joints to fit your control arms, but at least you're planning on purchasing SPC uppers anyway, so that'll be the same whether you go with new or used spindles. With the B-body spindle swap, you still have the negative bumpsteer, turning radius and ackerman angles to deal/live with.

Tobin
KORE3