PDA

View Full Version : FUeL IN HOTROD

monza
03-09-2010, 10:25 PM
Still a big thanks to G-Force!! It just gets better.....

Here Is FUeL in Hotrod: (it was a few years ago, not sure of the date- article says Feb./09 that's not right, have to dig up the mag)
http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/113_0703_1969_camaro_rs/index.html

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee155/FUEL69DB/113_0703_01_z1969_camaro_rsfront_vi.jpg

Rod P
03-09-2010, 10:34 PM
Looks Good Dave! :thumbsup: great article! :bow:

XcYZ
03-09-2010, 10:36 PM
Kick ass. Love that shot.

David Pozzi
03-10-2010, 12:11 AM
Dave, that's cool!
Congratulations on the article. Lookin' good! :thumbsup:
David

monza
03-10-2010, 12:30 AM
Dave, that's cool!
Congratulations on the article. Lookin' good! :thumbsup:
David
Thanks, the article was actually some time ago... I just thought I'd post it up in the new Print Media Section.
Looking forward to spring! Just been cruising through a bunch of OneLap threads, shaking my head WOW how does a guy keep up!
Hopefully if every thing works out I might see you at RTTH west.

MattG
03-10-2010, 08:23 AM
I remember walking into Jason's garage for the first time while he was building fuel. It was only weeks before Hot Rod Power Tour and they (he and Dan) were scrambling to finish it.

I took a good look at what they created and said without hesitation that they were going to get Tons of attention with this car...the rest as they say is history.

I just saw the car the other day at the shop and it still stopped me in my tracks. I will always believe that this car was a huge influence on the whole ProTouring hobby and I'm happy to see that the car continues to live and grow.

Go Fuel!!!!:bow:

tones2SS
03-10-2010, 09:20 AM
Killer car Dave. It's been on my desktop quite a few times.
Thanks for those pics again!!:thumbsup: CONGRATS!:cheers:

Vegas69
03-10-2010, 10:58 AM
:thumbsup: Of course I love the car. :unibrow: We need to get these bad boys together and have a little shoot out one of these days.

WILWAXU
03-10-2010, 12:53 PM
Good stuff!

Congrats!

rjp71
03-10-2010, 12:55 PM
FuEl always looks great when I see it at G-Force. The first time I saw it in person was a couple of weeks after power tour and it helped me make the decision to bring my car to Jason to work on. Is sounds like you drive the car a lot on and off the track. What upgrades have you made to the car since you bought it?

Matt, I also remember seeing your car being built but unfortunately, I never saw it finished.

DrewskiSS
03-10-2010, 04:13 PM
amazing car! amazing shot!
badass dude good stuff!

Rybar
03-10-2010, 06:12 PM
Nice one Dave, Fuel is a killer ride. I think you have a long list of changes made by now :_paranoid :D

monza
03-11-2010, 12:42 AM
I thought most of you would have checked out the article before this I guess not, it was a least three years ago. Thanks everyone for the props on FUeL, Jason at G-Force gets all the credit, as the article says I just wrote the check.

:thumbsup: Of course I love the car. :unibrow: We need to get these bad boys together and have a little shoot out one of these days.

I'm trying! Things are working against me right now on that plan.

FuEl always looks great when I see it at G-Force. The first time I saw it in person was a couple of weeks after power tour and it helped me make the decision to bring my car to Jason to work on. Is sounds like you drive the car a lot on and off the track. What upgrades have you made to the car since you bought it?

Matt, I also remember seeing your car being built but unfortunately, I never saw it finished.

I try to drive it and track it as much as I can, that's harder then you think living in Canada with winter basically six months a year, can't wait for spring to start driving the shat out of it!! For upgrades since I owned it, I always seemed to be tweaking or dialling in something because the track really beats up on a car. Right now it's been back at G-Force for a while getting a bit of a work over.The car already handled extremely well and did not really need anything. So this was a bit crazy but Jason lined up selling my entire front clip, wheels, tires and brakes which allowed me to get into a DSE front clip. Really just to get the wider wheel up front and I always wanted one.

So that just kept rolling into:
- the DSE front clip (as previously stated) it had a modified stock
- dual adjustable shocks front and back
- new front Baer brakes (same as before but for the DSE)
- new HRE's almost the same - <<wider fronts>>!! 893 r's is the style
- Lemons headers
- new exhaust
- BS3 ECU (it ran stock GM 2002 Camaro, which was really limited, especially with the Harrop intake. Still tweaking it out)
- new balancer and floating sensors and a bunch of other ECU work around crap. lol
- twin breather lines, with a tank (was always battling a crankcase/pressure issue on the track- the cars only real short coming)
- new brake and power steering lines (obviously)
- Moroso oil pan
- Norris Motorsports fuel breather
- changed the clutch a few times (another story)

Wow- I think that about covers it?

Onelap- James has it figured how to run a car Pro Touring car in Canada, don't.... leave it in Cali!:bow:

Vegas69
03-11-2010, 12:46 AM
I hear you, I'm about burn't to a crisp right now myself. :D

rjp71
03-11-2010, 10:51 AM
Wow-that's a lot of work. The car should be even better with the changes.

732ndgen
03-11-2010, 05:26 PM
:hail: I have a pic of that car in my locker at work for insperation:brix:

DOOM
03-12-2010, 07:42 AM
Dave... Your car is the one that started me on this whole adventure.I can never get tired of this car. G-FORCE nailed it!!:cheers:

phillym5
03-25-2010, 10:47 PM
Thats a nice list of "new mods"!!

Can't wait to see her finished! She was already one of my favorites.

MaxHarvard
03-25-2010, 10:55 PM
Nice photo!

Love the rig shots. I notice Wes gave it a little zoom with the rig shot, nice effect :thumbsup:

Blake Foster
03-26-2010, 10:34 AM
Nice one Dave, Fuel is a killer ride. I think you have a long list of changes made by now :_paranoid :D

hahaah actually it is not a "Killer Ride" lol

that is a very cool shot. and a wicked car.

you should bring it out for the good guys show in Spokane this year

Datsbad
05-19-2010, 09:08 PM
Fuel will be much badder than it was .
Dave will be flying now