PDA

View Full Version : First trial fit of the LS1

jannes_z-28
11-26-2005, 09:56 AM
Just did the first trial fit of my new engine today. Just to see where everything would go. There will be some fiddeling with the enginemounts to have it in the right position.

http://www.protouring.se/files/DSC_3579.JPG

Jan

Edit: There seems to be some trouble with the hosting server today were I have my ProToouring.se site, if you doesn't see any image look back soon again.

907rs
11-26-2005, 12:22 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: , Jan! Do you have any mods planned for the motor?

hotwheels
11-26-2005, 12:37 PM
looks good man, nice job

jannes_z-28
11-26-2005, 01:39 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: , Jan! Do you have any mods planned for the motor?

Not yet, primary goal now is to get everything in place and running. I want to drive it next summer. It will of course get headers so a matching cam for that might be put in, we'll see.

Jan

protour
11-26-2005, 02:06 PM
My word for warning... If your on a budget. Get the engine running in stock form first. Then mod it. If you mod first and you have no clue if the engine ever did run. You'll be using your precious money on fixing it.

-Matt

Rybar
11-26-2005, 07:42 PM
Looks good Jan!

It looks like you already have an U/D pulley on there, and how is your clearance on your brake booster with the coil packs installed? I had to change my booster because it was hitting there.

I'd swap in a cam and valve springs, it's pretty easy when you have the access to the motor like that. It should still run on a stock tune, it just wouldn't be ideal.

67Sally
11-26-2005, 08:20 PM
Looks good Jan.
W.

awr68
11-26-2005, 11:02 PM
Looks great, a big step in the right direction!! :thumbsup:

I'm feeling a bit left behind with my ProCharged LT1!! :rolleyes:

Datsbad
12-08-2005, 09:40 PM
trust me , just do a cam and valve springs now . It will save you alot of time later

Payton King
12-09-2005, 07:21 AM
I see you are moving right along. Are you building your own headers or getting the ones for Street and Performance? I heard that Stainless works is making a long tube for the LS1 that can be used for your application. They were only making them for the BRP/Yearone swap.

I believe that Tyler (ATS)is making a set as well.

Do you have the clearance to run the alternator in the stock location or does it hit the frame?