PDA

View Full Version : Need help with cookies????

69MyWay
11-25-2005, 12:17 PM
When I get notification of a reply to a thread and click on the link, it only takes me to the main forum page.

I am not having this issue with any other boards.

Is this a cookie setting issue?

Any suggestions on how to fix it?

hotwheels
11-26-2005, 01:07 PM
It may be a cookie issue.......I am going to assume that you are using xp for your software....

On your main desktop, do you see an icon that say's, "my computer"? If not, just click on the start button, as the menu pop's up, you will see "my computer", just right click, scroll down to create a short cut, Then place it on to your desktop.....

Now, left click 2 times on the icon for "my computer".....should open up a box that show's all of your drives, ie.... c drive, e drive, a drive, etc.......

go to c drive and right click on it, a new box should open, scroll down to properties and click on it.......another box pop's up and on the first page you will see a bar that say's "disk clean up", And yet another box pops up, go ahead and put a check mark in all of the box's, then run it..... if you have never run this, it is going to take a little while.....but click on it, and let that program run. Once it's done, it will have cleaned all your file's, cookie's etc....that may be stashed somewhere in your puter.......

Next thing i would do is click on The word "tools" and do the system scan and the defrag.....Don't use the defrag in your system tools area, use the one that i have given you the path too above......this will ensure that it check's everything..........once these are completed, go ahead and reboot your computer........

done...

Also, just for fun, and some kewl learning of computer maint., go to pcpitstop.com, register and run the full system's test.....when it is complete it will show how your computer is performing, and if there are problem's with in your drive's, it will show you where they are and how to fix them......If you run into any question's after running that program and arent' sure how to fix an error, let me know and i will walk ya through it.....

later, hotwheels