PDA

View Full Version : Under dash master cylinder

chevy 2
02-12-2010, 08:33 PM
I am currently in the process of building a pro touring 66 chevy II. I have smoothed out the fire wall and don't want anything coming out of the fire wall. So I am looking for an underdash mounting bracket for the master cylinder and clutch pedals. I would prefer to not to run a booster to save room. I will be running 4 wheel wilwood disk brakes. I am looking for any suggestions on anything you might have used, or is currently out there for sale. Please let me know your ideas.

COOP_

Romulus
02-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Tilton, ECI, and Kugel Components make various assemblies that will give you something to look at to see if one of them might work. You'll find 90 degree or sideways mounts and 180 degree mounts that master's in front of the pedal. It gets tight under the dash real quick.

Prices and mileage will vary.

lhkustoms
02-12-2010, 11:53 PM
I am currently in the process of building a pro touring 66 chevy II. I have smoothed out the fire wall and don't want anything coming out of the fire wall. So I am looking for an underdash mounting bracket for the master cylinder and clutch pedals. I would prefer to not to run a booster to save room. I will be running 4 wheel wilwood disk brakes. I am looking for any suggestions on anything you might have used, or is currently out there for sale. Please let me know your ideas.

COOP_

You can use a brake assembly from a early 70's ford econoline van. they mount the booster master 90 degrees I can send you a pic if your interested. I have one on the shelf. Also I am a dealer for both Baer and Wilwood and can get you an awesome deal on either. We are running a special on them with prices too low to advertise and free shipping as well.

Bowtieracing
02-13-2010, 02:20 PM
You can use a brake assembly from a early 70's ford econoline van. they mount the booster master 90 degrees I can send you a pic if your interested. I have one on the shelf..

Thats intresting! I would like to see a pic of it.Just out of curiosity:cool:

lhkustoms
02-13-2010, 09:35 PM
here are a few pics. this unit is off of a 74 ford econoline (scooby doo) van
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/lhkustoms/90deg.jpg
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/lhkustoms/1-90deg.jpg