PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Would You Buy a 4-Door 07 Camaro?

Steve Chryssos
01-09-2005, 08:45 PM
http://www.new-cars.com/concept/2003/photos/chevrolet-ss-concept-side.jpg

If the Chevy SS concept evolves into the next Camaro, and is released relatively unchanged, will you take your wallet out?

BC69
01-09-2005, 08:52 PM
No Way...I thought they ousted that concept a while ago. And I used to think I can spell (ousted?) But not my style.

Tim

zbugger
01-09-2005, 08:58 PM
That would depend on the performance. I don't care how many doors it has, as long as it's fun.

jonny51
01-09-2005, 09:11 PM
The car looks nice,it just needs the LS7!

Musclerodz
01-09-2005, 09:40 PM
The new RX8 has 4 doors, so why not a Camaro? Not to say I like it, but it has its good points. My guess is it won't look anything like that. I am betting retro like everyone has gone.

Jonny, I see the updated avatar. Anymore or a BIG one to look at? Looks awesome.

Mike

Ummgawa
01-09-2005, 10:16 PM
Whats next, a Dually Diesel Corvette Dumptruck? No way. :willy:

zbugger
01-09-2005, 10:59 PM
Whats next, a Dually Diesel Corvette Dumptruck? No way. :willy:

You sure Jim? That sounds kinda interesting..... :fluffy:

(Note to Scott - we need a picking the nose smiley....)

Keith
01-10-2005, 12:03 AM
I agree. You can't make a bunch of cars you think everyone will want to buy or they'll all look the same. The Camaro needs to stay a 2dr for the sake of the name, "sport coupe". Fine, make that 4dr concept SS...it'll be a cool car and will sell well but don't you dare call it a Camaro. :)

jonny51
01-10-2005, 01:37 AM

If the Chevy SS concept evolves into the next Camaro, and is released relatively unchanged, will you take your wallet out?

What are you thoughts Steve?

Steve Chryssos
01-10-2005, 07:44 AM
I would buy one, but like Keith I prefer that it be called something like Impala.

I strongly believe that part of what killed the Camaro is that the impractical coupe platform makes it a tough sell. So if they have to make the Camaro a 4 door in order to sustain sales, then I would rather have a four door Camaro than no Camaro at all.

I like the Chevy SS concept and feel that Mazda ALREADY built that car in the form of the RX8, so GM can watch RX8 sales and use it as a benchmark to gauge the marketability of a 4-door Camaro.

I'll put it another way:
If Chevy builds the SS Concept AND builds a 2 door Camaro, I would probably pick the Chevy SS in the name of practicality.

3SuperSports
01-10-2005, 08:31 AM

Not to buy that! I'm already at the point where for the first time in my life I'm looking at buying something other than a GM product. Other than the Vette, I can't stand GM's designs anymore.

Steve Chryssos
01-10-2005, 08:56 AM
In a lot of ways, the General has become like cafeteria lunch: Doesn't matter if they serve filet mignon, we'll still complain about it.

If you look at some of the products in the context of the world market, GM is doing just fine:
Cobalt SS: Competitive Sport Compact car.
CTS-V: Competitive Euro Sports Sedan
Corvette Z06: Extraordinary Supercar Value
Silverado SS: Probably the most well rounded sport truck on the market when you factor in both performance and truck capabilities.

Chrysler has a home run with the 300/Magnum wagon thanks to Hemi and styling.
Ford has a home run with the Mustang thanks to styling and value.

XcYZ
01-10-2005, 09:07 AM
I think what GM is missing is a Halo car. Dodge has the Viper and Ford has the GT, but where's GM's Halo car? Sure, we've all seen the leaked pics of the Z06, and there's no doubt it will be the best Vette EVER produced, but it just doesn't have that Halo car image to me. Just my 2 cents.

jonny51
01-10-2005, 09:41 AM
The LS7 in a truck would be nice,I would buy for sure.As of right now my next truck will be the SRT viper truck.

jannes_z-28
01-10-2005, 09:41 AM
I think that a 4-door Camaro is unthinkable as a 4-door 'Vette, no way.

What Chevy needs is to match the awesome new Mustang, even though it is modern it looks like a Mustang Fastback form the sixties. Ford has done a good job and Chevy has to come up with a new Camaro that shows its heritage from the First Gens. That would probaly sell good. The people in the market for this kinda car doesn't look for 4-doors or practicality, they want a fun cool car.

A 4-door Camaro would be shooting themselves in the foot.

BTW Scott, we need a puking smiley too.

Jan

LIL QIK
01-10-2005, 06:54 PM
That's a big NEGATIVE................Camaro's weren't to be 4 doors..........I'm with you..........if it's going to be a 4 door........then it needs to be an impala.

As far as a halo car........I thinking and could be wrong........but it seems to me that gm's halo was probably the Grand Sport Corvette of the 60's........they could attempt the bring it back but I guess that's what the new Z06 would be.........

Sorry if I ran on there......lol

XcYZ
01-10-2005, 08:25 PM
I think that the highly rumored Blue Devil Z06 would make a great Halo car. :yes:

Canadian_Hot_Rodder
01-10-2005, 08:47 PM
Definitely would not buy one. That look does nothing for me at all.

61Bubbletop
01-12-2005, 01:35 PM
There will be a new Camaro...and it will not have 4 doors....

jonny51
01-12-2005, 02:35 PM
There will be a new Camaro...and it will not have 4 doors....

Jeff I take it thats about all you can tell us? :yes: :thumbsup:LS7 :thumbsup:

Ummgawa
01-12-2005, 02:37 PM
I'll just wait to see it. Save my money for one and wait two years after it is released to buy a used one. LOL

parsonsj
01-13-2005, 11:29 AM
I dislike the SS styling. Too evocative of a street rod.

My current vehicle is a Dodge. Hemi-powered Durango. I love it. My previous car was a 2001 Camaro. Before that I had a Taurus SHO.

Of the three (note my complete lack of brand loyalty, LOL), I liked my SHO the most. Some power, 7K redline, manual transmission, in a well-engineered and comfortable setting. Toss the kids in back and go. That was a good car, and it handled way better than the Camaro that replaced it.

The Camaro was a damned uncomfortable car, and it was only good at going fast. I was glad to be rid of it.

I don't have a problem with a 4 door, but I don't think "Camaro" should grace its fenders. Impala (as others have noted) is the right moniker for that. Camaro deserves something competitive with the new Mustang. I hope GM is working on that ... it will be great to watch GM and Ford go at it again.

jp