PDA

View Full Version : How about some Wilwood Help?

Mover
01-26-2010, 08:15 PM
So I’m converting my car over to 4-wheel disc break. I’m just going with the drum to disc conversion 12.19 rotor kit for 69 Camaro. My question is I ordered the 260-8556 master cylinder and 260-8419 proportioning valve and I want to know if I can use existing break lines to hook up or what are my options?

ProdigyCustoms
01-26-2010, 08:18 PM
Power brakes I assume? 140-8556 is correct for power brakes

You want to tee the front lines and bypass the distribution block. you can use the factory front to rear line and splice our prop valve into it.

need to check under you drivers seat on the side of the subframe for a residual valve, if you have one, it needs to go bye bye.

Mover
01-26-2010, 08:32 PM
Power brakes I assume? 140-8556 is correct for power brakes

You want to tee the front lines and bypass the distribution block. you can use the factory front to rear line and splice our prop valve into it.

need to check under you drivers seat on the side of the subframe for a residual valve, if you have one, it needs to go bye bye.

Thanks Frank! Yes power brakes and no residual valve. what type of fitting are you using to "T" the lines? can i purchase at local auto store?

ProdigyCustoms
01-26-2010, 08:57 PM
Yeah, you looking for a 3/16 inverted flare TEE and some 3 1/6 line. I usually go straight down to the left wheel hose, tee it with a short line and run it across the engine crossmember to the other side

I know you did not buy them from us, no matter, if you need any help along the way, fell free to call me, we will walk you through it.

55Sedan
01-27-2010, 11:11 AM
Frank, this is an awesome attitude! I have seen a lot of positive posts by Prodigy and about Prodigy. I really appreciate it when I see folks from a company going above and beyond for people who are not even their customer! That will (should) earn you even more customers in the future! (For whatever my opinion may count.)

That is what made this country great in the first place... and will hopefully bring it back to being a great country again. Because right now I'm not sure we're where (and who) we need to be.

ProdigyCustoms
01-27-2010, 11:46 AM
Look man, I get to do what I love! Not many people that get to do that.

The shop is on cruise control, Michael is running the shop, and all the guys are self motivated and know what they are doing, and me.............. I get to do what I do best, talk about cars on forums and the phone! I still like the phone, I can talk way better then I type. It is cool listening and helping dreams come true, So it ain't all that hard.

Thanks for recognizing though

55Sedan
01-27-2010, 11:54 AM
Where do I send my resume??? I want a job like that!

JeffT
01-27-2010, 12:39 PM

Does the same hold true for the manual Wilwood set ups?

Vegas69
01-27-2010, 12:51 PM
Look man, I get to do what I love! Not many people that get to do that.

The shop is on cruise control, Michael is running the shop, and all the guys are self motivated and know what they are doing, and me.............. I get to do what I do best, talk about cars on forums and the phone! I still like the phone, I can talk way better then I type. It is cool listening and helping dreams come true, So it ain't all that hard.

Thanks for recognizing though

Ya, Ya, Ya, you suck.

ProdigyCustoms
01-27-2010, 05:25 PM
Does the same hold true for the manual Wilwood set ups?

yes sir, same plumbing

JRouche
01-28-2010, 12:17 AM
I get to do what I do best, talk about cars on forums and the phone! I still like the phone, I can talk way better then I type.

NO!! Really??? LOL Some of the best phone time I had was talking with you, yeah, yeah, you cant compete with passed GF calls or my wife. :_paranoid

But really. I wasnt a customer, just a guy looking for help. And you spent time and did most of the talking which is what I needed. Some great info Frank.

Anyone looking to bounce some ideas around and get a great perspective should call Frank. He is more than a dealer, I know, I have dealt with many. He has a technical mind and is more than willing to give some ideas.

And on the sales note. Dealers only have so much of a margin, they are all pretty close. So he can get the same dealer discount for you that any of the dealers get. What you get if you deal with Frank is a dedicated car guy on the line. And whats cool is you can get that same dedicated help even if you arent a customer of his.

And Im not blowing sales smoke up yer azz. Like I said, I havent got the opportunity to purchase anything through Frank yet. But Im sure as hell gonna try to when the need arises. JR