PDA

View Full Version : JL-8 Brakes (REPRODUCTION) what should I ask for them?

jr421
01-19-2010, 07:33 PM
Ok I jumped off of the bridge and bought wilwoods for my 69 camaro. I have these brakes that came with the car. I would like to get them out of my garage. I have the calipers all of the brackets, rotors (no slots/or cross drilling) the fron spindles and if someone was interested a 12-bolt 3.73 posi. SOMEONE tell me what I should ask for this stuff I need to make room in my garage.

thanks for the help

Larry

Cris@JCG
01-19-2010, 07:40 PM
I have done alot of research on JL-8 brakes.. The rear end that GM used on the Camaro had Impala ends so that 2 R/H caliper brackets from C3 Corvette could be used.. How are the caliper brackets mounted? What is the axle code on the axle tube on the passenger side? This information will help determine what it is worth..

jr421
01-19-2010, 07:51 PM
I know the rear end is NOT an original JL-8 it was an open rear end by the code on the axel tube. The rear brakes are bolted to the rear end housing via. a square flange welded to the end of the axel tube. Any thoughts?

Cris@JCG
01-19-2010, 09:24 PM
I would not have an idea what this would sell for..

I know the rear end is NOT an original JL-8 it was an open rear end by the code on the axel tube. The rear brakes are bolted to the rear end housing via. a square flange welded to the end of the axel tube. Any thoughts?

jr421
01-19-2010, 09:54 PM
Gonzo-

Thanks hopefully someone will know I am willing to give someone a good deal on the stuff.