PDA

View Full Version : 6/71 on my SBC 400

bluaddict
11-16-2005, 07:59 PM
I built my motor about 6 years ago all iron W/Iron Eagle Heads 2.08 intake and 1.65 exhaust. It has a nodular iron crank from Scat and a Comp Cams Roller Cam. I gained 75 Hp just by going to a roller and my heads are polished and ported as big as I could so it would handle the Blower. It tops out at 759 HP and 803 TQ and is a real ball buster with most of my TQ before 4700 RPM. She is fun on the street and dependable I take it in every year for a checkup with the guys at the shop who bullitproofed it and Dynoed it after rebuilding it about 5 1/2 years ago when I started to loose oil pressure. I could drive it every day and not worry about it leaving me on the side of the road I just can't afford the gas anymore at 6 miles to the gallon. I love the wow factor when you see that Blower coming up in your rear veiw mirror :willy: :willy: So next time you see that dark blue 1978 Z28 Camaro coming up fast in your rear veiw mirror just get out of the way :hail: and I'll see you in my rear veiw mirror :drive: wave at me as I fly by, Enjoy Claude.

Rick Dorion
11-17-2005, 07:13 AM
More specs? Stock block?

PICS!!

mattsv8_03
12-01-2005, 02:11 PM
first things i could suggest replace the iorn crank for a good 4340 crank. get some good hbeam rods. and a set of je or trw supercharger pistons. get your compression down to about 8:1. then when that is done get a cam with min of 110 lobe center. then for a 400 you would be better off witha 8-71 due to the heat those things put out. i ran a 6-71 for a long time on a 355. verynice setup and it definatly attracts all kinds of attention. start off dyno with stock underdrive then go from there for the boost. and never assume you engine will not care about the boost. hope that helps.

mattsv8_03
12-01-2005, 04:48 PM
pic of blower in s10 before finished tubbing.