PDA

View Full Version : Edelbrock fuel injection

mazspeed
11-14-2005, 09:34 PM
Ok, I have been looking at fuel injection for my ZZ430 motor, but was curious on this model here. http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?Ntt=3507&Ntk=KeywordSearch&DDS=1&searchinresults=false&N=0&target=egnsearch.asp
This is the 3507 for small block chevy's. I was curious what this would be like going from a Demon carb to one of these. I would run this injection for a little while till I can pick out a better setup for my 67 in a few months or year or whenever I get to it, and then put the zz430 in my dad's car as a gift to him once I upgrade. So I was curious how much better this will be then the Demon?

Thanks in advance
Mike

Q-ship
11-14-2005, 10:48 PM
I have a model 3500 that I bought back in '95 when there wasn't nearly the choices available today. The Ebrock systems are definitely not as advanced tuning wise as alot of the newer kits, but they are a great step up from a carb. The Holley systems are also very popular, and I believe more "tuneable". I like my 3500 though! It's going in my T-15 Jimmy next.

lil427z
11-14-2005, 11:05 PM
the holley commander 950 or stealth ram mpi systems works well . :thumbsup:
rick kirkindall :)

69MyWay
11-15-2005, 04:17 AM
I am running the pro-flo on my big block chevy. I am very happy with it compared to any carb set up for running on the street. No complaints at all.

In fact the "lack" of additional tuning tools make it that much easier to plug-n-play and get out on the street instead of being frustrated going over charts and numbers on a laptop!

ProdigyCustoms
11-15-2005, 08:28 AM
Holley is a nice set up. Get the wide band version

J2SpeedandCustom
11-15-2005, 09:01 AM
Holley is a nice set up. Get the wide band version

Definitely! Makes tuning on the street soooooo much easier.

mstennes
11-15-2005, 01:54 PM
I'm running the Holley I had nothing but frustraion before I got the wide band setup now its much more tunable. Still not there but almost. My problem is when I'm right there I have to tweak a little more and then its all fauled up.

mazspeed
11-15-2005, 04:36 PM
That's my biggest concern is having a system that I have to tune. I have looked at the holly MPI Commander 950 Fuel-Injection and it looked pretty good, but has anyone tried either one with great success on an engine like mine?
I do like the fact that once tuned it will stay tuned.

lil427z
11-15-2005, 08:16 PM
That's my biggest concern is having a system that I have to tune. I have looked at the holly MPI Commander 950 Fuel-Injection and it looked pretty good, but has anyone tried either one with great success on an engine like mine?
I do like the fact that once tuned it will stay tuned.

i am running a 427 ci sbc hilborn intake / holley commander 950 box an wiring.
rick kirkindall :thumbsup:

awr68
11-15-2005, 09:56 PM
Andrew has the Holley Commander 950 wide band on his GTO w/ 502 BBC and loves it.

I bought one as well for my super charged LT1 and look forward to the tunability and ease of operation!