PDA

View Full Version : Gear Vendors Overdrive?

rockertype
11-09-2005, 03:29 AM
I really wanted to install a 4L80E in my 67. Unfortunately, no transbrakes are available yet for this transmission. I want something bulletproof & with some type of overdrive. I'm now considering using a "Gear Vendors" unit with my TH400. Does anyone run this combo? It's operation seems a bit confusing ("splitting" gears). Shifting, pushing buttons, ect. Are they easy to use? I really just want an overdrive for cruising but I must also have my transbrake! Can I just shift normally then use the GV's overdrive for cruising?

Any pointers would be great!

shanekennedy
11-09-2005, 05:19 AM
i believe there's a auto setting so you don't have to press a button for a OD shift. donno how much hp you have, but you can get a pretty heavily built 700r4 or 200r4 for less than the GV OD unit.

XcYZ
11-09-2005, 07:52 AM
Rockertype, maybe Jim's is still for sale:

http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=2252

Steve Chryssos
11-09-2005, 08:27 AM
You CAN transbrake a 4L80E.

http://www.rosslertrans.com/

rockertype
11-10-2005, 02:39 AM
I was almost hoping that someone would tell me that there IS a transbrake available for a 4L80E! This is exactly what I'm looking for. Can I contact you direct or should I just use the website? This is very good news for me! Thanks!!! :D

Steve Chryssos
11-10-2005, 01:34 PM
I'm not affiliated with Rossler. That's just something I found on the internet. They do have a good rep, though. Feel free to call them directly.

rockdogz
11-10-2005, 02:45 PM
What's a transbrake?

TravisB
11-10-2005, 03:15 PM
What's a transbrake?

Used primarily for drag racing....when at the line at the track you hit a button and it puts the trans in between gears so to speak (ist and reverse that is) it allows you to rev the car up and when the light turns green you hit the button again and boom your off....

They are also fun on the street especially at stop lights

Smack_talker
11-15-2005, 03:13 PM
Used primarily for drag racing....when at the line at the track you hit a button and it puts the trans in between gears so to speak (ist and reverse that is) it allows you to rev the car up and when the light turns green you hit the button again and boom your off....

They are also fun on the street especially at stop lights

They are fun on the street. I have one in my streetcar. I also want to add the GV overdrive to my C4.