PDA

View Full Version : Where to get hardened bolts and nuts ?

Bowtieracing
11-04-2009, 01:37 AM
I am looking for easy web shop for hardened UNF bolts and nuts. Same kind what DSE etc pro shops use for chassis .

I know there is a McMaster but anything little bit easier to use ?

minendrews68
11-05-2009, 09:17 PM
I use the local Tractor Supply, or one of the CO-Op stores here, you can buy grade 8 bolts for about $2.29 / pound. A lot cheaper than buying them at Home Depot or Lowes.

protour73
11-07-2009, 01:35 PM
I am looking for easy web shop for hardened UNF bolts and nuts. Same kind what DSE etc pro shops use for chassis .

I know there is a McMaster but anything little bit easier to use ?

I ordered an (almost) complete set of Grade 8 stainless set of bolts when I installed my aluminum body bushings. Totally Stainless sells a set for this, but for some reason saw fit to NOT include the 2 for the core support, so I had to order those in addition to the chassis set!! so keep this in mind if you choose to order from them. http://www.totallystainless.com/2009catalog/catalog34.pdf

70rs
11-07-2009, 04:00 PM
X2 on the Totally Stainless products. I have used them on previous projects and been very happy. But as stated above the kits don't always include everything you might think. :cheers:

Bowtieracing
11-11-2009, 01:58 PM
Thanks guys for all the ideas :cheers:

gearheads78
11-11-2009, 02:11 PM
boltdepot.com has had most stuff I have needed and they ship 1 piece or 100 quick.

Fluid Power
11-11-2009, 05:43 PM
I am curious as to why you find McMaster hard to use.

Darren

Bowtieracing
11-11-2009, 08:40 PM
boltdepot.com has had most stuff I have needed and they ship 1 piece or 100 quick.

Perfect!! Just what i was looking for :woot:

I am curious as to why you find McMaster hard to use.

Darren

Just way too much selection :unibrow:

Fluid Power
11-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Just way too much selection :unibrow:[/QUOTE]

Gotcha, I find it pretty easy to use. A piece of advise, sometimes 2 different searches for the same part leads to different results. For example, If one searches on bolt length, thread, and material, the website, on occasion will bring back different results than material, thread and length. I have noticed this a couple of times. I love the fact that 99% of the stuff they have listed is in stock. I live about 2 hours South of the Cleveland branch. Order by 5:30 pm and the package is on my doorstep by 11:00 the next day!

Darren