PDA

View Full Version : Weld Wheels

Steve Chryssos
01-05-2005, 08:46 AM
I'm in western Missouri right now and I took the nickel tour at Weld Racing yesterday. Let me say that I am blown away. Every part of the wheel manufacturing process is done in-house here in the good ol' US of A.--including , forging, spun wheel halves, punching, CNC Machining, engineering, design, testing--you name it. Good people too. While their wheels look good in ads, they look like jewelry in person. They claim to be one of only six wheel manufacturers that do everything in-house. Everyone else outsources some or most of the process. If you are looking for affordable forged wheels for your hot rod, truck or Top Fuel car, look no further than Weld.

Unfortunately, I had to drive from Kansas City to Joplin in an ice storm, at night. And yes--I got lost. :willy:

MaxHarvard
01-05-2005, 08:51 AM
How could you get lost? its like 2 highways!! HAHA Just playing, i used to live in MO, so i know what you mean... you can be driving for miles and never know the difference. LOL

XcYZ
01-05-2005, 08:58 AM
Did you talk to Boyd Coddington, Jr?

I looked at their forged wheels at SEMA and they are very, very nice. I was impressed.

MarkM66
01-05-2005, 09:42 AM
Lucky for me, the ice and sub freezine tems is staying just north.

I've always like the finish of Weld Wheels, just never really cared for their designs for old cars.

What's in Joplin?

Musclerodz
01-05-2005, 12:01 PM
Yes this ice storm SUCKS!!!! Luckily the worst of is north of me and I do have power. A friend of mine used to hang out with Greg Weld back when he was just getting started many years ago. He used to race a tubbed Hemi powered Rambler wagon for pink slips. Greg widened the factory wheels and put dog dish hub caps back on it.

Mike

jonny51
01-05-2005, 01:25 PM
Ice storm,what is that? :lolhit:

Ummgawa
01-05-2005, 01:32 PM
65 degrees and Sunny here in Georgia. :thumbsup:

Steve Chryssos
01-05-2005, 07:58 PM
Yeah. I drove down from KS to Joplin in that ice storm in the dark last night. Not fun. and today I drove back up in even worse connditions icy, snowy mess. Now I'm sitting here in KCI airport taking advantage of their WiFi capabilities to help me pass the time. My flight is delayed. Were it not for WiFi, I'd have opened a vein by now.

lil427z
01-07-2005, 10:52 PM
82 degrees and sunny in dallas :D

rick kirkindakk :clap: