PDA

View Full Version : w00t!

MaxHarvard
01-03-2005, 02:28 PM
i like it, however Classic industries catalog is a F#CKING liar. it claims that all clusters come with the wiring harness... NOPE!! THEY DONT!

http://www.ageoflegends.com/~antirice/me/DSC01134.jpg
http://www.ageoflegends.com/~antirice/me/DSC01137.jpg

clill
01-03-2005, 04:09 PM
Yes their catalog does say they come with the wiring harness. Did you call them ? What did they say ?

BC69
01-03-2005, 04:14 PM
I have the Covans insert for my 69, and I love the look. Hope you like that one...I am with Charley though, call them and find out..if its in print you have reason to complain.

Tim

MaxHarvard
01-03-2005, 04:36 PM
I have the Covans insert for my 69, and I love the look. Hope you like that one...I am with Charley though, call them and find out..if its in print you have reason to complain.

Tim

They claimed it was a 'typo'... i've already talked to them, and frankly i'm quite pissed.

MaxHarvard
01-03-2005, 04:48 PM
Yes their catalog does say they come with the wiring harness. Did you call them ? What did they say ?

I called them, i got no where.

So i wrote them this email

To whom it may concern,

I recently purchased a Covan dash kit and it did not come with any LED's nor did it include a wiring harness. I called your tech support and they claimed that those kits do not come with wiring harness's. I pointed out that it clearly states in your newest catalog, that they "all panel kits are supplied with LED turn signal, parking brake and high-beam indicators"... not once, but 4 times is it listed this way. The kit sells in your catalog for almost $150... had i known this i would have never purchased it through you. This is the 3rd time I have been screwed over by your company and i find your response to my phone call to be severely unprofessional. There are plenty of other restoration parts companies out there, I am sure one of them would take my business more seriously than you have. I have purchased many many items from you in the past and I was hoping to continue doing business with you, however if this is not rectified to some satisfactory conclusion I will take my restoration project elsewhere.

Sincerely,
~Eric McClellan

Ummgawa
01-03-2005, 06:19 PM
Eric

If you wind up getting nowhere with Classic and have to buy the harness, I may be able to get the harness for you a little less expensive. Call me on the PM # I sent you if you get nowhere.

Jim

PS- It really sucks when you nailed by the big boys. Give em Hell. :mad:

XcYZ
01-03-2005, 06:29 PM
Well that bites, I hope they take care of you!

camcojb
01-03-2005, 07:22 PM
Kinda like the typo on the driving light kit they have; listed at $69.95 but actual price is $169.95.

Jody

Blown353
01-03-2005, 07:58 PM
Kinda like the typo on the driving light kit they have; listed at $69.95 but actual price is $169.95.

Jody

A simple typo like forgetting a digit is one thing (any catalog is bound to have mistakes) but a HUGE omission such as saying a part comes with a wiring harness but in reality does not is an entirely different matter IMO. That is blatant deceptive advertising and much more heinous than a simple transposed digit, at least in my opinion.

I would send it right back to them and tell them where to stick it. If you really want to raise a stink put a stop payment on your credit card because you DID NOT receive what you paid for. This generally results in VERY rapid reponse and results from a merchant, but do so only as a last resort.

Troy

lil427z
01-03-2005, 09:00 PM
maxharvard , it does come with if you pay more money . call year one they will take care of you .

rick kirkindall

jannes_z-28
01-04-2005, 02:28 AM
Can't you return it?

I think this could be an interesting lefal battle if someone took it that far. Obviously they have poor proofreading of their catalog but that is still no excuse. What is written they have to stand up to.

One thing to mention to them in a mail is that today a companys reputation can very quickly be destroyed since people have a much wider base of communication. I guess some of you heard about that story of the Corvette that got dropped from the carlift. That GM dealer lost a lot of customers and it was known worldwide within a few days.

Just a few posts on different forums will start the snowball.

Try to get hold of someone higher in the organization, like a sales or marketing manager or even the president.

Good Luck

Jan

MaxHarvard
01-04-2005, 07:58 AM
Can't you return it?

I think this could be an interesting lefal battle if someone took it that far. Obviously they have poor proofreading of their catalog but that is still no excuse. What is written they have to stand up to.

One thing to mention to them in a mail is that today a companys reputation can very quickly be destroyed since people have a much wider base of communication. I guess some of you heard about that story of the Corvette that got dropped from the carlift. That GM dealer lost a lot of customers and it was known worldwide within a few days.

Just a few posts on different forums will start the snowball.

Try to get hold of someone higher in the organization, like a sales or marketing manager or even the president.

Good Luck

Jan

I will do that here when they open up at 10 am my time. I cant return it because i already put the damn thing together, in my haste i realized i didnt have the parts. What really gets me is the 'typo' is written 4 F'n times!!

If the response i get isnt a decent one i can also point out that i run a very very successful automotive website with thousands of followers. And if that doesnt work... the Mrs. works for our local sheriff's office... I will file an IFCC complaint, which is basically a fraud complaint.

Ummg.. PM me again, my box was full.

~Eric

68protouring454
01-04-2005, 08:10 AM
it does not matter if it is put together, half together,it all does not matter they did not sell you what they advertised, i would return it to spite them or hassle them enough they send you missing parts and give you a future dicount.
jake

XcYZ
01-04-2005, 09:55 AM
Eric, what's the part number for the setup you bought?

MaxHarvard
01-04-2005, 10:04 AM
Eric, what's the part number for the setup you bought?

Check out page 131 of the classic industries book. its there, in black and white.

hotwheels
01-04-2005, 10:06 AM
that sucks man.........i hate mail order sometimes..........hotwheels

Stuart Adams
01-04-2005, 01:23 PM
That sucks. If you paid by credit card then you definately have leverage on returning the item. Call your cc co. and they will be all over it, especially with the misprinted info. Good luck.

Ummgawa
01-04-2005, 07:33 PM
Eric

Sorry I missed you, left you a message, call me tomorrow.