PDA

View Full Version : Change of plans for induction system.

PaceCarNut
11-03-2005, 01:37 PM
I think I have decided to use a BBC that I had built for one of my pro street projects that ended up with something else also. I had a BBC 454 bored .060 it is a 4 bolt main with studs, Crower crank, Rods, along with JE 8:5 to 1 comp. I also had crower custom grind me a full mech. roller cam that was designed around a Weiand 8-71 blower with the BDS elec. fuel injection. I have a set of Dart aluminum CNC heads with the 320 runners that are also studed.
But since this setup will not fit under the factory cowl induction hood on the 69 camaro im using, I am going to sell the 8-71 on ZBAY and put the BDS unit on my truck.
I feel this long block is without a doubt almost bullet proof, and think Iwould like to put a set of turbos on it so it can live under the hood. My question is where or who makes a set of stainless steel turbo headers for the BBC in a 1st gen. camaro?

pushrod243
11-09-2005, 09:41 PM
I have a 69 Nova and have everything to install my twin turbos except the headers and intercooler. Below is a link to the only thing I found that might work for our cars. The price is kinda steep so I may just buld my own. That way I can get them exactly where I want them the first time. I have studied this some and some guys say heavy wall steel tubing ceramic coated is the best way to do this to prevent cracking. But others are saying stainless is the best but needs to be coated as well. If you find anything else let me know too.

http://www.forcedpsi.com/catalog.html