PDA

View Full Version : Finally got the spare LS1..now what?

69MyWay
11-02-2005, 09:08 AM
I thought I had lost the deal, but it just came back through this week. I am getting a spare LS1 from a 2000 Vette that went in the drink and locked up. Paying $250 for the motor. I am positive it will come apart and clean up.

I had been thinking about putting this in my 69 Vette, then thought about going Turbo on the existing big block.

Long story short, it will be here this Friday afternoon and I will get it open and survey the damage. The LS1 I put in my 69 Camaro had two spun bearings. I paid 400 for that one and put a crank kit and new rings/seals to get the bottom end up and running.

At least I will clean it up, reassemble and hang it on the engine stand for a conversation piece.

RussMS
11-02-2005, 09:36 AM
Your ls1 get flooded out from the hurricanes?

If so keep in mind that most of the water from the cars in Mississippi is Salt water. Not sure if that makes a difference on the block but I know it wreaks havoc on electrical systems.

69MyWay
11-02-2005, 09:49 AM
Your ls1 get flooded out from the hurricanes?

If so keep in mind that most of the water from the cars in Mississippi is Salt water. Not sure if that makes a difference on the block but I know it wreaks havoc on electrical systems.

It was a fresh water flood in a appartment parking lot after heavy rain. Car was wet then attempted to start it.