PDA

View Full Version : Tight radius tube bender?

Bowtieracing
10-06-2009, 12:39 PM
I need to bend 3/8" hard line with smallest possible radius. What is the bender for this?

GMracer
10-06-2009, 01:33 PM
Have you used the swagelok benders? I heard those are one of if not the best bender for hardline

GregWeld
10-06-2009, 02:02 PM
I need to bend 3/8" hard line with smallest possible radius. What is the bender for this?

I went to look at my benders -- each one has the RADIUS stamped right on them...

Here's a link to a great shop -- and a great guy (from what I've seen of his posts here on this site...) I think maybe emailing him directly for an answer to your question. He might be willing to give you some hints etc since you're obviously not going to be his competition!! LOL

http://www.bentcustomandperformance.com/index.html

youthpastor
10-06-2009, 02:41 PM
i bought a pair of pliers from the Mac tools guy- I see em on all the trucks now that bend really tight

Bowtieracing
10-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Thanks guys,ill look those for starters.

GregWeld
10-06-2009, 03:34 PM
i bought a pair of pliers from the Mac tools guy- I see em on all the trucks now that bend really tight

Chris.....

Ya think he'll have any luck finding a Mac tool truck in Finland??

DOH!! LOL

Bowtieracing
10-07-2009, 01:08 AM
Chris.....

Ya think he'll have any luck finding a Mac tool truck in Finland??

DOH!! LOL

Gentleman....Please..:faint:

Plenty of Mac tools and snap ons here - only difference is better trucks , Mercedes and Volkswagen :unibrow:

GregWeld
10-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Well that's good to hear!!!

I didn't know these two were international!

Personally I put Snap-on tools in my Matco boxes...

:rofl:

Bowtieracing
10-07-2009, 12:38 PM

Personally I put Snap-on tools in my Matco boxes...

:rofl:

I put my (few) in craftsman box :yes:

I would love to get my hands on snap on or mac benders but they are out of my range now. And i would only need to make two tight bends on my fuel line and it would more than okay. Lets hop i got one at ebay

:cheers:

GregWeld
10-07-2009, 12:52 PM
I hear ya buddy!

I still have my original Craftsman box - I bought at 13 years old (now 56)...

For only two bends THIS TIME.... I think of tool purchases as "investments"... whatever I buy now - I don't have to buy in the future.. and I plan to use them for a lifetime in my hobby.

Some guys buy golf clubs - some guys buy bowling balls... but I need tools for my hobby...

My wife always jokes that "he buys 10,000 dollars worth of tools to do a 1,000 job". This is partially true (take away the zeros)... but I use the tools over and over - and if not on my project - they're used to help on a buddies project etc.

For two bends -- this time -- you might have a shop do them for you. There are also SPRING benders... where you might have to use some muscle but the spring helps to keep the tube from collapsing... are you aware of these? Are you bending Stainless or some other kind of tubing? Can you use flexible hose and hose ends rather that tubing? Just some thoughts.
:cheers: