PDA

View Full Version : 4 Wheeler just purchased my first car...

383inaFJ40
10-31-2005, 11:06 AM
I just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself and to thank this group for all the great information you've made available. Almost all of my practical vehicle experience has come from trucks/4x4's and I just recently discovered that there's more to life than crawling over rocks or blasting through a mud puddle.

I came across the rolling shell of a 67 Firebird for a reasonable price and picked it up a few months ago. I haven't started the actual work on it yet because I'm a big believer in establishing a build plan first to save costly changes down the road.

I have a couple questions that I'd love to get this forum's opinion on:

-I'm a self-taught welder and have a 220v Miller MIG unit that I've used for my past projects. I have more than my share of welding books, videos, etc. but I'd like to take the next step and start producing higher quality welds. Where's the best place to acquire that expertise? I'm thinking of signing up for some welding classes at the local community college but was wondering if there was a better option I was overlooking?

-The rear package tray on my 67 'Bird looks like it was hacked out at some point...I'm guessing for speakers. I've looked but can't seem to find a replacement panel for the package tray. (Ironic since every 1st gen panel seems to be available EXCEPT for the package tray.) Anyone aware of a source for this panel? New or used would be fine with me.

Thank you again for this great resource.