PDA

View Full Version : My other Project

KSBRKTRACER
09-04-2009, 10:52 PM
Just some pics of my latest project , thought I would put them out there for you to see. Its a 67, gonna run a 383 sbc w/pg trans , 9" ford rearend with all strange internals, 5000 rpm stall , hipster brake , Billet Specialties Street Lites , It will be all steel with the exception of a fiberglass hood. I hoping for around 31-3200 pounds done and shooting for the 10's with no power adders. Im gonna run M/T e-t street radials , and wilwood brakes on all 4 corners.
I just got the car back from Riffel Motorsports in Newton Kansas and I cant say enough About how happy I am with the way it turned out. He installed a 10-point cage, tied the subframes and did it all in chromoly and tig welded everything. Will certify to 25.1 (8.50). Eventually I will have it updated to 25.5 (7.50).....talk about overkill.......!!!!! But will eventually step up to more cubic inches and big block to boot.
This car has been a bracket car since early 1975 so it has absolutely no rust ever but the rear wheel openings were clearanced for 13X31 slicks and by the way it is really a firebird that has been turned into a camaro, every panel that was different has been changed....even the taillight panel

waynieZ
09-05-2009, 03:35 AM
Nice project I'll have to keep an eye on this one ! Good luck

KSBRKTRACER
10-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Time for an update.....I finally got the motor and trans set in ....... and I got it fired up.......YAY.......nothing renews interest in a project more than getting it running if you ask me.. My best friend from kansas came down and helped me this past week .....And I do have to say without him being there and pushing me it wouldnt be to the point of where it is now. We scratch built the wiring harness....mainly because it will spend most of its time on the dragstrip and we added an electric waterpump , fan, line lock , trans brake and all MSD ignition. Still waiting on rear differntial pieces to show up.....they ordered the wrong pieces and are reordering them. Have a little more plumbing to do for the rear brakes. Starting to hang all of the sheetmetal back on it now....I can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel now that almost all of the fab work is done....Then it will be time to make it look good, but I think we will work the bugs out of it first. Here ar a few pictures too....!

J2SpeedandCustom
10-13-2009, 07:56 AM
NICE! Are you going to change the front suspension?

KSBRKTRACER
10-13-2009, 11:54 PM
New update....Got some more done, hung the front sheetmetal and doors, still have some alignment to do, But we are getting closer..
J2 I dont think I will be changing the front suspension, I just rebuilt it with all moog parts and the subframe is now welded to the rear by way of frame connectors....I do have another 67 I would like to put an aftermarket subframe in tho. Here is some updated pics , The hood is a glastek 6" bolt on for those interested in what it is.....Yes it is TALL....!

J2SpeedandCustom
10-14-2009, 08:23 AM
Cool. I didn't know if you were going to change control arms to like the TRZ units. Making the car have alot more negative caster is a good thing on the drag strip. ;)

What color is she going to be?

KSBRKTRACER
10-14-2009, 09:37 PM
J2
Once I recover from all of the money I have spent lately on this car I will eventually go to some kind of aftermarket control arms and other lightweight pieces......just need to save up some more money... The paint plans are 67 Camaro Plum Mist Poly and then a white nose stripe and parchment deluxe interior with seat covers for the kirkey seats to match factory deluxe seat covers in white with a black stripe, I plan to badge it a SS-RS Big Block once I get the 427 I have freshened and installed...........someday

KSBRKTRACER
11-27-2009, 08:36 PM
Time for another update.....I got to make some passes at Tulsa raceway park.....High 7.50's @ 92 mph in the 1/8 mile.....Pretty happy because all of the passes were within 4 hundredths.....no tuning whatsoever....set the floats, set the timing and unload it off of the trailer and that was foot braking it....havent made a pass with the trans brake yet...I'm guessing maybe 3-4 tenths quicker with the brake......my 10's are closer than I thought

NOT A TA
11-27-2009, 10:48 PM
Consistancy is good! Were you able to weigh it at the track?

tony byram
11-28-2009, 03:15 AM
Hey! Used to work at McDonald-Douglas,out by Spartan school of aviation! Thats gonna be one sharp Camaro,er Firebird? Anyway thats gonna be one sweet ride!!!:thumbsup:

waynieZ
11-29-2009, 04:42 PM
Its looking good glad to see you got to enjoy it.

KSBRKTRACER
11-29-2009, 05:45 PM
Havent got to weigh the car yet, should be pretty close to 3-3100 pounds though, I am really happy with the way the car performed....Wish I could have made more passes before we had to put it away for the winter. Now have some time to finish up some things and work on refining some things, Got to fill some holes and make a rear firewall, need to drill holes for all of the emblems I want to put on it......R-S,S-S BBC clone is where I am heading with it.......

GHOSTDANCER
03-20-2010, 12:50 PM
Great looking project. I really like the stance :thumbsup: :cheers:

KSBRKTRACER
03-25-2010, 07:55 PM
Great looking project. I really like the stance :thumbsup: :cheers:

Appreciate the comments and I like the stance also.....but I think I am gonna change the rear wheel offset and pull them in a little bit and lower the car all around....I'm guessing I will have to mini-tub the body and move the leaf springs to get it as low as I want to go though and still keep the 10" wide wheel and 295/65/15 M-T radials

68MaroSam
06-14-2010, 05:55 PM
Pretty tough looking Camaro. Please keep the pictures coming.

KSBRKTRACER
11-13-2011, 04:25 PM
Time for a little update .... haven't accomplished much on the 67 other than putting the grille and headlight assemblies in it. The other thing I have done is I have gotten my 69 out of storage where it has been setting for over 20 years, got it drivable and all in one color of primer .