PDA

View Full Version : Another Nova / Camaro guy...

Big-Foot
10-25-2005, 10:43 PM
Hi Folks...

Just thought I would get out of lurk mode and introduce myself..

I'm on numerous other forums, and learned of this one through a friend and also from seeing posts on the MNFbody forum..

Projects:
1969 Camaro SS X55 4spd car - never seen salt and not much rain - all numbers match.
Currently the Camaro is in 1974 street-squirrel trim (which I am slowly remediating) 15x10 SST's on rear with N50 Positraction tires, 14x7 on front, Air-Shocks, Chrome faux header sidepipes.. It's solid and will be brought all the way back.

1970 Nova SS. This one is currently decked out as a Pro-Street car with a narrowed 12bolt, 18.50x31 Mickey T's on the rear, Iddy-Biddy's up front - mounted on some nice Pro-Star wheels. Power comes from a 468 BBC (supposedly dynoed at 600hp - don't they all?)... Trans is a TCI -T350 w/ 3500 Stall convertor. Wheelie bars, the whole 9 yards.
This Nova has got my current attention and will be made into something special. I'm currently building another 468 for the car which will have a Dyers 6-71 wheezer on top of it along with Holley carburetion.
I'm thinking about maybe building a rather different "Cross-Over" car. Something that's not "Pro-Street" -nor- "Pro-Touring" but something that embodies a bit of each..
So - what do you think of a Blown Nova that still carries Big-Fats in all 4 corners? The hood will be constructed so as to not have the whole blower/carb/scoop hanging out of it a long ways, but it will still be exposed..

Looking for ideas and just wanted to say hi..

Thanks!

Regards - Randy

XcYZ
10-26-2005, 07:34 AM
I'm thinking about maybe building a rather different "Cross-Over" car. Something that's not "Pro-Street" -nor- "Pro-Touring" but something that embodies a bit of each..
So - what do you think of a Blown Nova that still carries Big-Fats in all 4 corners?

I'm seeing more and more cars like that; it's an evolution really.

Welcome aboard, Randy. :thumbsup:

Derek69SS
10-26-2005, 07:57 AM
I'm on numerous other forums, and learned of this one through a friend and also from seeing posts on the MNFbody forum..
Where in MN are you located??? There's a bunch of us Minnesotans on here :cool:

N50 Positraction tires
Torque-Twisters??? My brother has a '67 SS396 impala that had "Torque-Twister Pos-A-Traction" tires on it from the 70s. We thought they were cool, and had never seen them before... if you've got a picture, I'd like to see them on another car to show to him. He'd get a kick out of that :D

907rs
10-26-2005, 08:06 AM
Welcome to Lateral-g, Randy. IMO that's a great idea for the Nova.

69Nova
10-26-2005, 04:35 PM
Welcome to Lateral-G, and I also think your idea for the Nova is awsome. Any pics you could post would be great, I love seeing other Nova's.

Andrew Petty

Ummgawa
10-30-2005, 07:48 PM
Dude you are on the right track...BUT no pix hurts. Lite em up and post em.