PDA

View Full Version : Nose heavy camaro?

Yenko boy
10-25-2005, 06:57 PM
I have a 69 camaro, and Im trying to build the car as balanced as possible so that it will offer great performance in corners and a straight. Recently I pieced togather a high reving 427 BBC combination and was thinking I could get away with having Big block power and balance. I know its possible but with all the other compnets I have on the car I fear it will be nose heavy and that will hurt my performance and balance of my car. I was thinking of trying to sell the new engine componets I had bought not so long ago and going with a sb2.2 combo or a lsx combo to save weight and give me the power i desire about 550rwhp. But thats turned into a hassle and im not gonna get all of my money back the I initially invested. What do you guys think will I be ok keeping the all iron BBC or should I start looking for a lighter engine combo?
Thanks...

Anthony

race-rodz
10-25-2005, 07:38 PM
welllllll...... i think the budget would be the determining factor here. could throw some alum heads on the rat and be back to about the weight of an iron sbc, LSx would be the "lightest" version with the pricetag being close to the sb2.2 PARTS(my USED sb2.2 heads assembled/intake/rockers/cam cost $3800 to the door) but you still need the rest of the combo(shortblock).

anything other than the bbc is gonna mean new headers, mounts for the LSx, bellhousing for the LSx(?) induction/electronics for the LSx....etc

so really its up to how much you wanna spend, how much labor you wanna go through to accomplish your new goals, and is the end result worth all the headaches.

Yenko boy
10-25-2005, 07:48 PM
Well the BBC I have has alum heads, and its not the complete motor its a long block I stopped buying parts when I had second thoughts as far as budget goes i would say i would like to keep the price under 9 grand. Does anyone know the weight difference between a BBC, SBC, and an all aluminum lsx motor?