PDA

View Full Version : Dust to Glory

Fluid Power
10-25-2005, 04:56 PM
Has anybody seen this?
For anyone that doesn't know, it is about the Baja 1000.

My brother got this DVD for me for my B-day(both of us are motocross/car guys) and I must say it was fantastic! Great movie with incredible action shots.

One of my must do before I die is ride/drive in a trophy truck through the desert.

One of my favorite scenes is Mario Andretti thrashing the snot out of a pre-runner truck scaring the guy to death. A couple of minutes later, when the passenger takes over at a MUCH slower pace the truck breaks down and Mario teases him about "not going fast enough"

A must have for a car guys DVD collection.

Darren

ProStreet R/T
10-25-2005, 05:11 PM
Definitely an awesome vid, and yes you do need to go for a ride in a trophy truck. Words can't describe the feeling of hearing an 800hp big block screaming wide open through the desert at speeds that would be difficult for most bike guys to keep up with. :hail: :hail: :hail:

Damn True
10-25-2005, 05:49 PM
Saw it on one of the bigger non-IMAX screens in the Bay Area. Awesome!

race-rodz
10-25-2005, 07:19 PM
my buddy and i are seriously thinkin about doin a truggy once some of our other projects get wrapped up, one of his customers races the baja every year, we are tryin to get him to kick in as a sponsor.

69Nova
10-26-2005, 11:16 PM
Dust to Glory is a great movie. I have always like that kind of racing but now have alot more respect for the guys envolved. And yea the Mario part is funny. Definitely a car guy must have.

Andrew Petty

chicane
10-27-2005, 12:41 AM
Im actually in that flick........ I just dont know where the footage is, as I have yet to see it all the way thru.

They filmed a bunch of footage of our camp (Stewart Race Works) and from the old PPI team that worked Ivans effort with Toyota.

Did they show the part of the gas and pneumatic blanders making Margie's ??

XcYZ
10-27-2005, 07:32 AM
I bought it last week, I haven't had a chance to watch all of it yet, but it's a great show. What blows me away is McCoy doing the entire 1,000 miles on a bike by himself. :eek:

Fluid Power
10-27-2005, 04:04 PM
No gas or pneumatic blenders.

Scott, the Mccoy thing was a trip, he was so out of it at a couple of pit stops he was telling the guys the same story over and over, that guy is nuts....

Darren