PDA

View Full Version : looking for hub mounted jack stands

donaz
08-20-2009, 05:33 PM
I've seen project cars on TV using hub mounted jack stands and am looking for a source.

GregWeld
08-23-2009, 01:23 PM
Just make some!!

LOL

I've never seen anything like this 'for sale'.... but it wouldn't take much to make some wheel adaptors and weld 'em up to a set of jackstands.

Vegas69
08-23-2009, 01:51 PM
They definitely have there place during a build.

GregWeld
08-23-2009, 02:07 PM
If you don't know what your wheel bolt pattern is --- here's a link to a webpage showing how to measure that.

http://adaptitusa.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=4

Might be just as easy and "cheap" to buy some wheel adaptors -- they'd already be drilled and ready to go -- then you'd just have to weld 'em up to
the jackstands.

You can't weld to cast iron - unless you're good - and then it needs to be preheated etc --- so if you are shopping for jackstands -- do yourself a favor and get SIX TON versions (they are taller - allowing better work height) - and get them with steel or cast steel (not iron) saddles.

GregWeld
08-23-2009, 02:12 PM
By the way -- when I say wheel "adaptors" -- I meant wheel SPACERS - which should just be able to be bought in 1/4 or 1/2" (the version I'd by for this use) width - with the bolt pattern already drilled etc ---- You don't need the more expensive "adaptors" for what you're trying to do.

Sorry.