PDA

View Full Version : Another early Mustang

kttrucks
08-17-2009, 07:19 AM
I've been whittling away at the '66 Coupe lately, here's a link to the basic concept;

http://blogs.mustangandfords.com/6526926/miscellaneous/terminator-powered-66-mustang-project/index.html

I've got my removable front section removable and the engine & trans sitting where they need to be. I'm still waiting on electronics, fuel system, and rear axel housing to be narrowed in order to complete mockup. Brakes will be Baer, and the wheels are Rocket Racing "booster" grey center 18 by 8 front and 18 by 9 in back. rear tires are 285/35/18 Nitto, fronts 245/35/18's It'll sit nice after I carve up the outside to make sure I can steer. :) I hope to have it in primer this winter, painted in the spring. I was hoping to be at SEMA with it.... no chance! too many irons in the fire. The Muscle Up Performance" chassis is a great fit for my car, I noticed the Schwartz Goat as well, another great chassis... I hope to get a close look at that one at SEMA.

I'll post updates as I can get to the "retreat" and work.

KT.

XcYZ
08-17-2009, 07:37 AM
Awesome. Keep us posted. :thumbsup:

COYBILT
08-17-2009, 11:57 AM
that schwartz Goat is i think your talking about is mine. I would like you to see it and also talk to you about your mustang. I like the setup it looks good,
it reminded me of a schwartz chassis.

I've been whittling away at the '66 Coupe lately, here's a link to the basic concept;

http://blogs.mustangandfords.com/6526926/miscellaneous/terminator-powered-66-mustang-project/index.html

I've got my removable front section removable and the engine & trans sitting where they need to be. I'm still waiting on electronics, fuel system, and rear axel housing to be narrowed in order to complete mockup. Brakes will be Baer, and the wheels are Rocket Racing "booster" grey center 18 by 8 front and 18 by 9 in back. rear tires are 285/35/18 Nitto, fronts 245/35/18's It'll sit nice after I carve up the outside to make sure I can steer. :) I hope to have it in primer this winter, painted in the spring. I was hoping to be at SEMA with it.... no chance! too many irons in the fire. The Muscle Up Performance" chassis is a great fit for my car, I noticed the Schwartz Goat as well, another great chassis... I hope to get a close look at that one at SEMA.

I'll post updates as I can get to the "retreat" and work.

KT.

kttrucks
08-17-2009, 07:03 PM
Cool! I've seen the GTO a couple of times in print or online.... It looks like a great car in the making.... especially under that black paint! Nice bodywork! Your car is part of what inspired me to call about my chassis, I'm very anxious to be able to drive mine; i had the chance to drive Brian Finch's 67 Coupe with a similar setup and Terminator drivetrane and it is brutally fast and a great car! Looks killer, and he did all of it himself at his home shop. pretty bitchin! He's on air-ride and I'll be on coil overs, but I hope to have the killer stance that he does.

Will you be at SEMA with the GTO? If so, where will the car be? Just curious, I make it out there every year and would love to see it up close and maybe talk with you.

Thanks for the kind words in regards to my 'Stang... It's a labor of love as you know, and it's turning out decent so far.I cant decide on what color though. I was going to do gunmetal with a center stripe, but Brian has that color on his so I've gotta come up with plan "B" Color is the last thing on my mind right now though, gotta get everything to "see" everything else. Tons of work! Not enough hours......

KT.

KT.

strtcar
04-05-2010, 10:23 PM
Bringing this back from the dead, is this the same mustang in the newest magazine release?