PDA

View Full Version : Hotchkis Control Arms 67-69 camaro

almcbri
10-23-2005, 10:07 PM
I don't know if this has been covered, but as I was searching through the Hotchkis site I found a link with the new UCA'S/LCA'S and some other misc. parts that are suppost to be available in January. I would like to hear more info. on their control arms, and what the prices will be. I figured sooner or later they would have some newer stuff coming out.

http://www.hotchkis.net/cgi-bin/EDCstore.pl?user_action=list&category=Shop%20by%20Category%3B%20On%20The%20Draw ing%20Board

David Pozzi
11-10-2005, 12:26 AM
they had prototypes at SEMA. Had Hotchkis laser cut into the flat plates on the arms. The lowers have tapered spring seats like stock, no indexable lower polly seat insert like GW or Speed Tech lowers. The lower BJ socket was hitting the stock rotor, so they made the same mistake Speed Tech, DSE has made by leaving too much meat on the bottom outer edge. But again these were show versions.

The uppers have caster adjustment inserts like DSE and ATS, the shafts look a lot like DSE, they were shiny like stainless but I forgot to ask if they were stainless or plated, they look more like stainless. They do use Delrin bushings, not polly. The welds didn't look all that great, kinda blobbed on, probably mig welded, but they were early versions. I didn't care for the color.
I didn't hear a price, I think I picked up a flyer on them but it's in the "big pile" of stuff I picked up at SEMA and I haven't gone through it yet.
David

zbugger
11-10-2005, 01:51 AM
I spoke with John Hotchkis at the booth. Yes, those were thrown together prototypes just for SEMA. The welds will be a lot cleaner. Color was just for the show. He told me that they were really just stock replacements. They just wanted to "Complete their package". No geometry changes. I did joke around with him saying that "At least the laser cut logos looked great!!" and he laughed. Cool parts at least.