PDA

View Full Version : Not gonna happen.....

ilovefirstgens
10-19-2005, 08:14 PM
Well due to some unforseen events im loosing my workspace (parents house) and have to support myself through school, so that means ill haveto stop the car, ill have enough to put everything back together and have a very decent ls1/t56 68 camaro, but nothing close to what it would have been...

So ive still got a bunch of work to get it as a reliable daily driver, but it looks like it will be well over a decade before ill have the cash flow to make it my dream car... then again who knows what will be available by then!!!

Ill keep everyone posted, and if god forbid i have to sell it you guys will be the first to know!

Brian

ProStreet R/T
10-19-2005, 08:28 PM
That happens, being 18 it's time to get out of the parents place anyway. You'll be much happier in the long run.

And as that saying goes, projects like these end up taking twice as long and costing 3x as much as planned.

How about I just make your life easy and show up with $12k cash this weekend :yes: :thumbsup:

:rolleyes: Yeah yeah I know :willy:

ilovefirstgens
10-19-2005, 08:55 PM
haha well a year ago i would have done it as i got the thing for 8700 but after all this time and money it would take a whole lot for me to give up my baby, afterall i can just get a reclining seat and find a nice secluded parking lot instead of an aparptment... haha

I'm sure this isnt what you guys wana hear but as my new project im buyin a wrecked sportbike and makin it into a streetfighter, gotta keep myself distracted so I dont tear the 68 apart again hahah.

Not to mention that itl rape allmost anything on 4 wheels (would say everything but your guys' cars are NUTS!)

ProStreet R/T
10-19-2005, 09:08 PM
Don't buy a sport bike unless you have a death wish, especially at 18. Believe me you WILL eat chit, it will hurt A LOT, and you may just falk yourself up permanently. Your MUCH smarter to build a stupid fast car and at least have some protection. Ask me how I know.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/mxblue23/rod1.jpg

that was inside my right tib for about 18 months after a bike wreck.

ilovefirstgens
10-19-2005, 10:01 PM
yea well its a wreck, and so if and when i can afford to insure it it would be pretty much only for track time, it would just be a matter of time before i get nailed or nail something...

protour
10-19-2005, 11:44 PM
yea well its a wreck, and so if and when i can afford to insure it it would be pretty much only for track time, it would just be a matter of time before i get nailed or nail something...
I value my life too much to put myself on a crotch rocket. Atleast where I'm located and the age I am at right now.

-Matt

MaxHarvard
10-20-2005, 10:12 AM
good luck gettin insurance.... trust me. i bought my first rocket when i was 18. My insurance was almost $1000 every 6 months.... just for LIABILITY!

race-rodz
10-20-2005, 01:30 PM
good luck gettin insurance.... trust me. i bought my first rocket when i was 18. My insurance was almost $1000 every 6 months.... just for LIABILITY!

wow...my first new R1 at age 23 was 2800/yr.

jy211
10-20-2005, 02:15 PM
insurance on my Ducati 748 when I was 21 was $2800 a year...and when it was stolen they didn't want to pay....

Keep the 68 and save....

ilovefirstgens
10-20-2005, 07:28 PM
yea haha insurance is gonna be about 1800/year for liability through the rents policy and thats with no tickets ever and its a vfr (***** sport touring bike) right now im considerin parting it out aside from the single sided swingarm and putting that on a f4 chassis and buildin it from the ground up. Its a 97 with scraped bodywork and missing peg and controls however perfect everything else with a clean title. for lets just say... less than i have in my hydroboost!

race-rodz
10-20-2005, 07:49 PM
part it out on ebay and finish the car...just my $.02

ProStreet R/T
10-20-2005, 08:29 PM
part it out on ebay and finish the car...just my $.02

+1

Your extremely foolish to pursue anything with that bike other than to sell every last nut and bolt. :yes:

Diognes56
10-21-2005, 05:59 PM
I would be happy with a LS1/T56 '68 Camaro :yes: .

David

ilovefirstgens
10-21-2005, 08:10 PM
yea well im not gonna be able to make $10k+ from parting out the bike, and ill need the camaro as a daily driver anyway, a ls1/t56 with over 400 at the wheels, 4 wheel discs, hydroboost, rack and pinion, hotchkis tvs and full poly, all on 15" rallies will be not only a cheap car to maintain but one hell of a sleeper.

If only i had a good work space i could build something, but im gonna be in an apartment and ill atleast be able to roll the bike inside, but having a fame off build is outta the question...