PDA

View Full Version : So where does a Mopar guy turn to when he wants a G-machine?

thefreak
10-09-2005, 10:03 PM
Ok so here's my dilema, I've got a 1968 Plymouth Sat/Roadrunner clone that currently handles a little bit worse than the Titanic. What I want to do is pull some serious G's. Lateral G's. So where does one turn to when he wants to go with a more modern suspension setup? Oh yeah to complicate things further the motor will be a Dodge Viper motor.

Thanks,
The neglected Mopar guy :D

mazspeed
10-09-2005, 11:25 PM
Hey Freak. I told you the shop that's doing my car, but one thing that always sticks out in my mind is budget. I wish none of us had to, but we all do. If I'm a shop owner I would ask you for your budget so that he can get you the best for your buck. If you funds are limitless, then you can do any number of things for your car. Always remember that is might start with the engine and suspension, but may snowball to a complete car resto. Keep this in mind when you are pricing stuff out.

Mike

ilovefirstgens
10-11-2005, 09:29 PM
well i feel your pain, i had a 69 charger and had a short lived attempt to make it a pro-tourer (got rear ended and car totaled) however as i was reading that it remonded me of that 68 pt charger that was a cover car for popular hot rodding a few years back was sold locally (i want to say burlingame....) but you might want to do a search and find that guy and pick his brain, for the viper engine alone. also ive gotta see it when youre done, having learned stick on a 00 gts acr i can attest that they are incredible engines!

dtedler
10-13-2005, 02:21 PM
Mr Freak

Magnum force has the adjustable upper a-arms for proper alignment when to drop your car. AlterKation has a complete front suspension for A-bodies, not sure on the B-bodies. I would imagine they do now. Bear, SSBC or Wilwood for the big brakes or AR Engineering for the Viper Caliper custom hat and rotor gig. It's cool. Sway bars - Hotchkis or PST whatever your budget is. Transmissions - Keisler is our friend on this one. Best of luck on your build. You are not alone.

uneasyrider
10-13-2005, 04:27 PM
This car (my buddies '70 RR) has stock 4-piston front disc's. I don't know if you can even find them but it might be worth looking into. He put a bigger bar and poly bushings on it and some stiffer "race" springs on the back and it handles and brakes faily well even with those HARD Dayton tires on it. We've burnt the back tires on this thing many times and to Daytons are still like new! :eek: They don't even leave much of a black mark on the road when you light them up. LOL It's been dynoed at 414hp and 458ftlbs at the rear wheels with the 23 spline pistol grip behind it. It's a LOT of fun! :thumbsup: I'm sure it would handle much better with some lower profile tires and nice shocks.

thefreak
10-13-2005, 05:15 PM
Mr Freak

Magnum force has the adjustable upper a-arms for proper alignment when to drop your car. AlterKation has a complete front suspension for A-bodies, not sure on the B-bodies. I would imagine they do now. Bear, SSBC or Wilwood for the big brakes or AR Engineering for the Viper Caliper custom hat and rotor gig. It's cool. Sway bars - Hotchkis or PST whatever your budget is. Transmissions - Keisler is our friend on this one. Best of luck on your build. You are not alone.

Thanks for the help. I am going to check out Magnum Force tomarrow. Seems like they have some of the stuff that I need. Its good to know that I am not the only one out there.

ProStreet R/T
10-14-2005, 12:35 PM
www.arengineering.com
www.magnumhp.com

AR makes some nice custom stuff, viper brake conversion for older mopars and so forth.

Finally another mopar guy :thumbsup:

XcYZ
10-14-2005, 12:50 PM
Welcome, we definitely need more Mopar guys here. :thumbsup:

Nazisaleen
10-18-2005, 11:18 PM
I am a mopar guy. :unibrow: with a fetish for fox body mustangs :D

I am building my 71 RR into a G machine as well. :thumbsup:

Stg1Regal
12-01-2005, 07:46 PM
Neglected Mopar guy!!

Hey check this link out, this is a full independent bolt in K-member for a E-body!! 9REaD) no torsion rods, QA coil overs and Rack and pinion.

Its called the Alter Ktion Kmember pretty slick set up, RMS makes them for the A's, B's and the E's.

heres the link
https://www.reillymotorsports.com/

they put one under the 1969 Roadrunner Sledgehammer from TLC's Rides

The rear would be up to you , I would suggest however to simulate what they do to the Camaros in the pro-touring builds, since they also have rear leafs.

I hope this helps

Mean 69
12-02-2005, 07:16 AM
We just bought a Mopar development mule, it is a 68 Satellite, and will be developing suspension systems for both the front and rear of the cars starting, well, now. We were approached at SEMA by many folks, including one outfit that is doing a pretty (!) high visibility build for one of the major aftermarket replacement suppliers, and the B-Body has become the highest priority on our development schedule. As you probably know, the K-member is common to many of the different Mopar cars, that helps us out a lot. Very shortly after the B-Body, we will be doing a rear setup for the E-body cars as well. As with our other suspension systems, these setups will be "road race inspired," so we will have you covered in the "G" department to say the least.

The 'lite will run the 440 that is in the car after a complete rebuild and update with new heads, and FI. The body on the car is in need of massaging, but thankfully, all of the trim is there, and the trunk and floors are completely solid, it is a perfect foundation and we are more excited about this car than all of the others we are doing (well, I am anyway!). I am confident that the car will be ready for the Spring Fling event at Van Nuys, but for certain the rear suspension kit will be ready far, far sooner. We have not completed our website yet, but if anyone would like more info they can pm me.

Stoked!!!
Mark