PDA

View Full Version : It is time to start givin'

jannes_z-28
12-29-2004, 07:15 AM
With the major catastrophe in Asia I will encourage all of us to give $$$ to the help organisations.

We can wait with that new stuff for our cars for a while and give some of that money to people who needs it better.

www.redcross.org is a good place to start.

This catastrophe is something so huge that it is impossible to comprehend it. For me it started to sink in when the Swedes who had been there came home. Some didn't have anything more than a blanket wrapped around their shoulders, everything else was gone. The survivers stories that is coming thru are just amazing.

A lot of Swedish tourist goes there over the holidays and many families have been decimated, small kids without parents and vice versa.

Over 2500 Scandinavian tourists are still missing and I know about a few :(

AND

All the people living in those countries, we will see death numbers going over 100.000 before this has seen an end to it. Kids without parents, what future will they have? Just think about that.

They initially need fresh water, blankets, tents, cooking appliances, you name it. The latest I just heard on the radio was an extreme need for refrigerating containers to store the bodies in. If they can't solve that issue they have to start burning the bodies to prevent diseases spreading. And that is terrible because most of those bodies have not yet been identified.

It is a terrible catastrophe and every soul on the planet has to make a contribution!

This will be remembered as a sad time in our history.

Jan

XcYZ
12-29-2004, 07:35 AM
I agree, Jan. This will effect every person on the planet.

Working at one of the top medical facilities in the world, we are well aware of the medical needs in the areas effected. We have already started getting medical staff and supplies together to send to the area. I agree with the WHO, if things aren't done quickly, disease will claim more than the tsunami.

hotwheels
12-29-2004, 10:50 AM
i agree too.........this is gonna be the worst catastrophe in recorded history

BC69
12-29-2004, 12:01 PM
I am glad someone posted about this. When this first happened it seemed like no news station or paper really cared. I am kind of a news freak, but I asked my friends one night if they knew about it, and most didn't have a clue! I read this morning the red cross is expecting totals in the 100,000's!
I cant even imagine what it is like over there. They really need every bit of aid anyone can offer. The money and aid has been flowing in since day one but is just not even close to enough. This is when the US, the UN and the world put our mediocre problems aside and all join in.

Tim

Steve Chryssos
12-30-2004, 11:02 AM
Even with extensive tv coverage, this tragedy is still unfathomable. Thanks for the link.

zbugger
12-30-2004, 02:37 PM
That's something I'm trying to do now too. The company I work for is trying to get some clothes over there. Hopefully we can get it there and it helps out.