PDA

View Full Version : Framed stripper

T Bell
10-03-2005, 08:31 AM
Gotcha. I am trying to strip my frame myself with a sander and wire wheel (to save a few bucks instead of chemical or soda blasting). How do you clean the inside of the frame rails? I've heard of putting a chain to a drill but not certain how this is setup.

68protouring454
10-03-2005, 08:34 AM
not gonna do it, need it chemical dipped. i would get outside good and clean and painted, i doubt in the good weather use the car will see from now on it will ever be a problem
jake

astroracer
10-03-2005, 09:26 AM
Ditto on Jakes comment but you could knock a bunch of junk out of the rails with a pressure washer. Do that, let it dry out real well and spray in some POR15 to seal her up. Best you can do without resorting to dipping.
Mark

trapin
10-03-2005, 12:06 PM
A chain hooked up to a drill??!!! From a chain saw I'm assuming? That's the craziest thing I've ever heard. Sounds pretty dangerous too.

T Bell...it cost me $75 to have my frame chemical-stripped. It's money well spent. Believe me. Get it chemical-stripped and buy an undercoat sprayer from Eastwood to coat the inside of the frame with POR-15.

http://www.infamouscamaro.com/P6300005.JPG

http://www.infamouscamaro.com/P7010026.JPG

BC69
10-03-2005, 05:24 PM
Come on...how many of us were tempted to make Stripper jokes. "Framed Stripper"!! I was just waiting all day for the sick humor to come out! But maybe its just me.

T Bell
10-04-2005, 08:27 AM
Come on...how many of us were tempted to make Stripper jokes. "Framed Stripper"!! I was just waiting all day for the sick humor to come out! But maybe its just me.
ha ha ha. I thought it would've came alot sooner too.

Trapin, did you spray your whole subframe with that sprayer? Did you add any thinner?

trapin
10-04-2005, 08:47 AM
T Bell.....just the inside of the frame, and no I didn't need to thin it. I only used the wand, the tube portion you see in the picture was not needed.

The outside I painted with a brush. Make sure you use their 'Metal Ready' product on the outside of the frame. I didn't, and now some rust is peaking through in some areas.

Ummgawa
10-04-2005, 09:51 AM
Better than a stripped framer.... :D