PDA

View Full Version : Gas filler movement??

mazspeed
10-03-2005, 03:07 AM
Hey guys, I'm in the middle of a decision. I have a 67 camaro that is being built up and it goes to paint this week. I have the opportunity to have the fuel filler cap moved to inside the trunk, so when you fill it up with gas you have to open the trunk to do it, and then they were going to fill it up with metal fab, and give it a clean look. I have seen this in a few magazines before but wondered what are the dangers if any, and would there be fumes in the car?

ProdigyCustoms
10-03-2005, 05:30 AM
Well, you will have to vent the tank somewhere else because it vents through the cap now. I have a street racer with a fuel cell in trunk, car gets way full of fumes when filling. personally, I think the exposed cap on the 67 and 68 is cool.

awr68
10-03-2005, 11:19 PM
Frank has a good point as usual!

Have you considered using a '69 tank, they have the filler behind the license plate...this would help with the venting issue...

mazspeed
10-04-2005, 12:14 AM
Frank has a good point as usual!

Have you considered using a '69 tank, they have the filler behind the license plate...this would help with the venting issue...
Yeah I thought about what Frank had to say, and I could go with the 69 tank. I didn't think of that. Would it be weird to have the 69 tank on a 67 camaro and have that area smoothed in?

Mike