PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Favorite Car Mag?

907rs
12-24-2004, 05:55 PM
My all time fave is Car Craft, followed in no particular order By Hot Rod and CHP. I've also picked up a couple of John Dianas newer mags and they seem to be good reading as well.

Kris Horton
12-24-2004, 05:57 PM
Popular Hot Rodding, then CHP, Super Chevy, GMHTP, and least of all, Hot Rod. It's personal with HR though. Some of the Buckaroo mags are alright too.

Kris

zbugger
12-24-2004, 06:59 PM
PHR always gets me going. Then comes CHP, Super Chevy, Chevy Rumble, Hot Rod, and so on..... But somehow I don't read anything.....

Ummgawa
12-24-2004, 10:00 PM
HoT Rod is Better, Super Chevy, Chevy Rumble, I like to keep up with the Old Guy Stuff so I read Rodders Digest (They seem to get all the cool Billet stuff first) and Street Rodder. Both have tons of LS-1 stuff in them.

69CamaroLS1
12-26-2004, 04:44 AM
Hi guys, this is my first post here in this great forum.
I have all copies of PHR, car craft, CHP,Super chevy & HOT ROD from 1989, i love any chevy related magazines.

Kumail.

jannes_z-28
12-26-2004, 07:16 AM
Many have they been, but for the moment I subscribe to CHP, Super Chevy and PHR.

PHR has always been a favorite to me for at least 30 years. I had the chance to learn to know Mr Elliot who was the editor in the eighties.

I have gone through a lot of both Amercian and European magazines. In the beginning it was Street Rodder then came the interest for dragracing and magazines like Dragracing USA and Super Stock.

About seven years ago I got the urge to get me a Camaro after many years without any hobby cars (family and kids prevented it) I had been thinking about how cool a Camaro would look with 17" wheels and low suspension, big brakes and all. A lot of european cars had that look then.

In 1999 I found a copy of CHP with Kyle Tuckers Pro Touring car on the cover and I was sold. I then found out that the style I had thought about already was known and called "Pro Touring". The rest is history, I got my Z/28 the summer after and now it looks like I wanted it to be. Still some stuff to do about it.

Magazines are great inspiration.

Jan

hotwheels
12-26-2004, 09:50 AM
musclemustangs and fast fords.........but i like all car's, not one brand in particular...........hotwheels

Keith
12-26-2004, 01:05 PM
I really favor the new layout of Hot Rod and hope that Frieburger does the same great job with car craft now that they've put him in charge of that mag as well. If I had to be personal, I would never buy another issue of PHR again but I'll admit I'm being a big baby about a situation where I was pretty insulted. :mad:

XcYZ
12-26-2004, 05:22 PM
I used to avoid Hot Rod, but the new layout is great. I like Car Craft, but this will sound odd - the font and word spacing that Car Craft uses makes the latest issues seem 15 years old. I hope Frieburger gives it a TOTAL facelift.

MarkM66
12-27-2004, 08:07 AM
Popular Hotrodding and Hot Rod are my favorites. PHR for the cars, and Hot Rod for the great stories they've had since the revamp.

CHP use to be my favorites, but lately, it seems to pretty much suck. I think I spent about 5 minutes on my last issue.

Anyone remember when they use to actually test cars, like the Pro-Touring shoot out, and the 0-100-0 test? That's definitally a thing of the past, :( .