PDA

View Full Version : Well, wouldn't you Know it!!

Ummgawa
12-24-2004, 09:48 AM
Looks like my Martz Chassis 4 link is gettin' reamed for inadequate performance on the PT site. Beautiful man, just beautiful.

Well, I still have my full DSE set up. I have run a 4 link before and got much better handleing out of it than leaves, I think that the complaint is a non adjusting Panhard bar (fixable). Any thoughts?

zbugger
12-24-2004, 01:39 PM
It may be getting reamed, but it's by suspension designers that know what they are doing. If you want, I can give you some background on some of the guys. I kinda have the same sentiments as they do, but I'm still learning.

If Rick Kirkendall is reading this, what do you think with yours? Any input? Please?

lil427z
01-09-2005, 11:02 PM
It works like a champ . have had no problems with it after 4500 miles on the

2004 hot rod power tour . and i drive the car like i stole it . :thumbsup:
give gary a call at martz chassis . www.martzchassis.net

thanks rick kirkindall :drive:

Ummgawa
01-10-2005, 07:15 AM
Thanks Rick!! I was needin a real time evaluation on my 4 link purchase. Scott and I agreed that alot of the stuff said on PT.com were aholes trying to sell stuff someone else manufactered.

3SuperSports
01-10-2005, 08:33 AM
I've been thinking about buying that setup for my car. Any real reason not to?

jannes_z-28
01-10-2005, 09:48 AM
Looks like my Martz Chassis 4 link is gettin' reamed for inadequate performance on the PT site. Beautiful man, just beautiful.

Well, I still have my full DSE set up. I have run a 4 link before and got much better handleing out of it than leaves, I think that the complaint is a non adjusting Panhard bar (fixable). Any thoughts?

The only reason for having an adjustable Panhard bar is if you mounted it wrong from the begining. You will never need to adjust it if it is mounted properly but that requires a jig as they say on Martz site.

If you don't have a jig then you need an adjustable Panhard Bar. There is no need to adjust it after it has been adjusted the first time.

So whoever reams about this is just talking crap.

Don't be sad Jim we are behind you on this. ;)

Jan

XcYZ
01-10-2005, 03:43 PM
Jim, I think pics are in order here. :P

lil427z
01-10-2005, 10:35 PM
jan , the more adjustable the rear is the better the car will be ..
i am not talking crap are you . call gary martz your self .
go spend your cash the way you need to . :willy:

thanks rick kirkindall

lil427z
01-10-2005, 10:38 PM
jim , give me a call 214 908 2100 .

rick kirkindall :thumbsup:

jannes_z-28
01-11-2005, 01:51 AM
jan , the more adjustable the rear is the better the car will be ..
i am not talking crap are you . call gary martz your self .
go spend your cash the way you need to . :willy:

thanks rick kirkindall

Yes of course, but a properly set up Panhard bar doesn't need any adjustment, the fourlink is another question though.

Jan

68protouring454
01-11-2005, 08:22 AM
jim, we would love some pics of the martz set-up
jake

Ummgawa
01-11-2005, 10:47 AM
I'm still cuttin and have to dig the Martz chassis 4 Link out of my other garage ( I am going to run it). I will lay it out with the Currie 9 inch and take pix, Cool?

Rick I will call you today. Thanks Jan for the input also and to the rest of you guys for the support. I really appreciate it.

68protouring454
01-11-2005, 11:12 AM
sounds good jim, does the kit look like it is assembled nice, ie welds, links etc?
also what was the cost of the kit?? 1,200??
rick any impressions on driving with the matrz other than no problems, had you driven your car with leafs before the martz rear?? or did you not get the car as a driver? rick, also any pics of build up and install pics of 4 link? thanks guys
jake

Ummgawa
01-11-2005, 01:35 PM
Yes the welds are super nice. The front perch (forlack of a better term) bolts to the front spring perch holes. You weld it up, place the jig in the front perch set up, do some measuring, spot weld the 4 link braces on, remove, and weld up. The biggie is the upper brace for the coil overs. It is different than the DSE piece in that it sets back farther and is strait across.

It was 1200.00 included the coil overs and the coil springs. All said and done, same than DSE mini tub.

Y-TRY
01-11-2005, 02:31 PM
I've been thinking about buying that setup for my car. Any real reason not to?

I second that motion.

The thing about adjustable stuff is that it has to be adjusted. How hard is it to dial-in the 4-link?

68protouring454
01-17-2005, 11:20 AM
just a reminder jim for some pics when you get a chance.
jake

Ummgawa
01-17-2005, 11:26 AM
Jake, no problem. I am trying to finish my rendering, I have a daughter that has had a 3 day volleyball tournament and I am real busy. I will lay it out in the floor of my garage and take pix.

sinned
01-17-2005, 12:07 PM
Jan, what happens when you decide to change ride height for whatever reason.....if the PHB is fixed you are screwed.

It is also nice to be able to change roll center height once on the track to tune the rear end.

68protouring454
01-17-2005, 03:56 PM
no prob jim, just saw the thread go to the 2nd page so i figured i would bring it back
jake

Ummgawa
01-20-2005, 03:54 PM
Jake

I emailed Scott some Pix of the set up. I had to find the box It came in. He's gonna make a new thread out of it. I just laid the parts out on my garage floor. They should be up tonight.