PDA

View Full Version : Starting Point 69 GTO JUDGE

Roger Poirier
09-22-2005, 09:18 PM
The guys are working on fit and finish. I started out with NOS rear quarters, dooor skins, fenders, valance pan, hood and trunk. The roof is the only thing that stayed. I have had the NOS parts for over 28 years.

R.P.

Payton King
09-26-2005, 11:39 AM
That is going to be a brand new Judge. Good thing you had all of the NOS stuff for 28 years. I did the same thing to mine (69 Camaro) but I bought all of the sheet metal in the last 2 years...how about that inflation on NOS parts!

It should move right along now. It seems that it takes forever to get all of the metal work done, the finish work moves right along.

Good luck to you.

Streetking
09-26-2005, 01:31 PM
Sweet, I love GTOs!!

good luck with it.

SW

MaxHarvard
09-26-2005, 02:42 PM
Saaa... Heeexxxyyy!

:D

DCreations
09-26-2005, 02:47 PM
Nice GTO :thumbsup:

Roger Poirier
09-26-2005, 11:09 PM
Good thing you had all of the NOS stuff for 28 years. I did the same thing to mine (69 Camaro) but I bought all of the sheet metal in the last 2 years...how about that inflation on NOS parts!

I can't imagine what NOS parts go for today? I have noticed NOS metal
was made thicker way back then compared to the metal you buy now.

I had my first garage sale of old original parts from my car at a GTO show a few weeks back. People were helping me take the parts out of my vehicle. I sold $1700 worth of misc. parts in two hours. It was mayhem. The bad news is the cash received went right from my pocket to my wife's while we were still at the show.
LOL

R.P.

Bill Howell
09-26-2005, 11:38 PM
Looking good RP. Looks like you beat me with the pictures.LOL
Thanks to SW I was able to find a nos tail panel for my car. You are so right, that stuff is just bette quality than what we can buy now. I felt fortunate to find that piece. Thanks again SW. :thumbsup:

68-GTO
10-15-2005, 01:12 PM
Nice Goat... im looking forward to see how your project goes, i have a '68 and i'm interested in making it a street terror... haven't started anything yet, but i plan to soon

Good luck!

Roger Poirier
10-15-2005, 03:28 PM
My first GTO was a 68. I'll have some pics with in the next few weeks of the 69 in progress. They'll be of a finished frame, suspension, wheels and engine. Below are pictures of my custom fabricated headers that were made for ground clearance issues. Plus rims and tires.

In the mean time I've listed some specs of the project.

Engine: 428 Pontiac engine. Ported ram air IV heads. Barry Grant 750 DP.
Modified ram air induction system.

Transmission: Tremec TKO 5-speed.

Exhaust: Headers are 2" ceramic coated Hooker pipes with 2 1/2 stainless exhaust with x pipe.

Rear Axle: 4.10

Suspension: Global West all the way around. QA1 front and rear shocks. 3" lowering springs. Front sway bar is 1 1/8.

Steering: AGR quick ratio steering box. AGR power steering pump.

Brakes: Baer all the way around. Hydratech hydroboost brake unit.

Wheels: Billet Specialties. 18x8 and 10x20. Nitro 555 Extreme tires.
Front: 18.40.235 - 4.5 Back spacing
Rear: 20.35.275 - 5.75 Back spacing

More to come.....

R.P.

hapevo
10-22-2005, 02:14 PM
Love them GTOs! Keep us posted on the progress. :thumbsup:

hapevo
10-22-2005, 02:15 PM
p.s. nice headers. :unibrow:

Roger Poirier
10-22-2005, 07:22 PM
By the end of October 05 I should have pics. I'm still working on having new stainless brake lines made to fit the Baer brake system along with changes in the brake valve location.

www.motorcitysteel.net who is doing the labor end of things are going crazy. Taking their camera out every day snaping pictures. They will have a detail build up on the project sometime around the first of the year on their website. It truely looks like a American Hot Rod car. Lots of chrome. In a side note, I'm going broke just buying all the nuts and bolts in stainless steel.

I'm I excited? Yeah a little bit. I will be more so once the bodys done.

Stay tuned....

R.P.

T Bell
10-24-2005, 07:47 AM
Sounds like it will be nice. I also love that fact that it's a poncho motor as well. It is hard to stay faithful with the LSx's putting up such good numbers.

Roger Poirier
10-24-2005, 11:08 AM
There is always someone faster. The 69 GOAT comes in at 3600 pounds. Its never going to set speed records. With the mild mods to the engine it should produce 475-500 HP at the crank, which is respectable. Plus I'm trying to stick to a theme with the car. A 69 Pontiac GTO Judge with a updated safety features and paint scheme which give it a 2000 era look to it.

I beleive they call this a RESTO-MOD. Correct?

R.P.

T Bell
10-24-2005, 02:58 PM
Correct, I'm going in the same direction. This is why I made the comment. Can't wait to see it.

Roger Poirier
11-17-2005, 04:41 PM
Sorry for the delay!

Finally a major step in the right direction. :yes:

R.P.

hotwheels
11-17-2005, 06:37 PM
damn, lookin good roger....

mdprovee
11-18-2005, 09:31 AM
Nice going Roger, looks cool.

XcYZ
11-18-2005, 10:24 AM
I love build pictures. Good stuff, Roger. :thumbsup:

Steve1968LS2
11-18-2005, 10:47 AM
Hella cool!

And yes.. the repo stuff is cuddy compared to the oem parts.. That's one reason I bought Penny (and why I was willing to pay a premium).. she has all original sheet metal.

Getting the reproduction stuff to work on my 69 was hard (and expensive)..

So what color are you going with?

Ummgawa
11-18-2005, 11:06 AM
Roger

Looks terrific man!! I love Pontiacs too and so do a few others here (where are you Jonny). If you don't mind, PM me and tell me where your purchased your bellhousing to run a 6 speed behind a B/O/Pontiac motor. That is Cool. My next project is a 70 GTO Vert with a 455, Judge Look etc. Orbit orange or "Cheeze Whiz" Orange. Wheels Brakes etc.

Awesome Car!!

Roger Poirier
11-18-2005, 04:49 PM
Roger

Looks terrific man!! I love Pontiacs too and so do a few others here (where are you Jonny). If you don't mind, PM me and tell me where your purchased your bellhousing to run a 6 speed behind a B/O/Pontiac motor. That is Cool. My next project is a 70 GTO Vert with a 455, Judge Look etc. Orbit orange or "Cheeze Whiz" Orange. Wheels Brakes etc.

Awesome Car!!

Ummgawa,

Its a 5-speed. It bolts right on to a factory bellhousing unit. Thats what I'm using. Its alum. and lighter then a steel aftermarket unit. Pressure plate even stays the same. Only thing that changes is the clutch and opening in the floor pan for the new trans. The six speed requires major changes. I did not see the use for the 6th gear. Top end of the car does not require it. Plus the 5 speed gives me the overdrive I'm looking for.

R.P.

Ummgawa
11-18-2005, 04:54 PM
Fair enough. Thanks for the heads up. Crusher and Gear Vendors Unit, here we come!!

Roger Poirier
11-18-2005, 06:53 PM
For those that have not seen the artist rendering of the GTO. Click on the attachment. I'm trying to keep the car reminiscent to the muscle car era, yet still have a modern day paint scheme. Black exterior, red interior.

R.P.

Diognes56
11-20-2005, 02:59 PM
:cool: :thumbsup: .

David

68-GTO
11-23-2005, 11:37 PM
I like the rendering, i cant wait to get started, i just recently picked up my '68, your project makes me want to get started right away. Its nice to finally see some Goats getting built into P/T cars. Nice work, im looking forward to the progress.

Roger Poirier
11-24-2005, 08:03 PM
i cant wait to get started, i just recently picked up my '68, your project makes me want to get started right away. :thumbsup: Its nice to finally see some Goats getting built into P/T cars. Nice work, im looking forward to the progress.

Feel free to P/M me as you get started on your own project. This is the 3rd time I have reworked this car. I know almost every nut and bolt on these cars. Have sources for used parts, etc. These 68-69's do have style!

R.P.

comp-spec
11-25-2005, 10:44 PM
I love build pictures. Good stuff, Roger. :thumbsup:
Scott nice site.Been reading it for awhile and thought I show the car . check out competition-specialties.com build pictures of the 67 camaro

mrgto
11-28-2005, 10:48 AM
Wow, looks great so far. Not sure I would modify a real Judge because of the current prices they are commanding but it is your car and you can do it how you see fit.

What size are the wheels? IE backspacing. Looks great though.

jdub20
11-28-2005, 11:32 PM
that little goat is gonna be mighty fine after a little TLC....good luck with it

Roger Poirier
11-28-2005, 11:58 PM
Wow, looks great so far. Not sure I would modify a real Judge because of the current prices they are commanding but it is your car and you can do it how you see fit.

What size are the wheels? IE backspacing. Looks great though.

See page one of thread. I have the tires and back spacing listed there. Modify a real Judge. I say big deal! They made aprox 10,000 GTO Judges in 69. Over 70,000 69 GTO's. If it were a Cuda, with a Chrysler Hemi, yes then you have something. The Judge was named after a skit on a TV show called Laugh In. They are a Pontiac Tempest in sheeps clothing. However, I still love them.

R.P.

68-GTO
12-03-2005, 01:57 PM
Hey Roger, i noticed in this thread you havent said anything about what the interior of your car is going to be like, if your running a cage, new bucket seats, etc. What are you doing for gauges, i really want some new ones but i only want them to work in the stock gauge holes, the link shows stock gauges but its just show the gauge holes.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://ultimategto.com/1968/68h_00105_2.jpg&imgrefurl=http://ultimategto.com/cgi-bin/showcar.cgi%3Ftype%3Dshow%26pic%3D/1968/68h_00105_2&h=473&w=700&sz=58&tbnid=lpU2V0e8WX8J:&tbnh=93&tbnw=138&hl=en&start=3&prev=/images%3Fq%3D1968%2BGTO%2Bgauges%26svnum%3D10%26hl %3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN

This is a link to some gauges at Jegs, i especially like these ones because of the 4 in 1 gauge.

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10002&storeId=10001&categoryId=24169&parentCategoryId=10339&langId=-1

hectore3
12-03-2005, 05:25 PM
Nice, Judge Roger,

I can only hope my car turns out half as nice.

hectore3
12-03-2005, 05:26 PM
What are you going to do for brakes? Stay with the factory stuff or go aftermarket?

Roger Poirier
12-04-2005, 07:37 PM
Hey Roger, i noticed in this thread you havent said anything about what the interior of your car is going to be like, if your running a cage, new bucket seats, etc. What are you doing for gauges, i really want some new ones but i only want them to work in the stock gauge holes, the link shows stock gauges but its just show the gauge holes.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://ultimategto.com/1968/68h_00105_2.jpg&imgrefurl=http://ultimategto.com/cgi-bin/showcar.cgi%3Ftype%3Dshow%26pic%3D/1968/68h_00105_2&h=473&w=700&sz=58&tbnid=lpU2V0e8WX8J:&tbnh=93&tbnw=138&hl=en&start=3&prev=/images%3Fq%3D1968%2BGTO%2Bgauges%26svnum%3D10%26hl %3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN

This is a link to some gauges at Jegs, i especially like these ones because of the 4 in 1 gauge.

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10002&storeId=10001&categoryId=24169&parentCategoryId=10339&langId=-1

68-GTO

Unlike Camaro's we have very few options of fit and finish of gauges in our dashes. Because my car is a Judge I have the hood tach, and the proper gauges within the factory dash. Oil, water temp, etc. No dummy lights.

No cage, as this will be a street car. Factory red interior with console. The trunk will be plain Jane also. I will leave those two projects for another time.

Note: I'm puttting in a kick as_ stereo. Alpine!

Roger Poirier
12-04-2005, 07:57 PM
What are you going to do for brakes? Stay with the factory stuff or go aftermarket?

Baer brakes on all four. See below for some of the detail work I have done on the car.

R.P.

Roger Poirier
01-01-2006, 10:48 AM
When I first took the pictures I thought what the heck is wrong with the camera. Too much glare. Nope, its the reflection from the firewall. 9 weeks to go before Detroit Autorama. I hope I make it.

R.P.

XcYZ
01-01-2006, 04:08 PM
Wow, 9 weeks. Good luck!

Kendall Burleson
01-01-2006, 06:02 PM
Good luck are you going to lower the car or you sticking with the factory stance? I love those cars I hated the stance from the GM. they look to high in the front. :(

Bill Howell
01-01-2006, 06:35 PM
OK, Roger, you set the deadline, now get finished already. lol
The car is looking so good from what we can see. I am sure it will turn out just fine. I can not wait to see it finished. :thumbsup:

Roger Poirier
01-01-2006, 07:13 PM
Good luck are you going to lower the car or you sticking with the factory stance? I love those cars I hated the stance from the GM. they look to high in the front. :(

I lowered the car 3" inchs all the way around. I put 18"s on the front and 20"s on the rear. It now sits 1" lower in the front from the rear.

P.S. I spent a lot of time to get the stance and wheels to look just right. Got that info from Steve at PHR. They drill that into your head when you read the mag.

R.P.

Roger Poirier
01-01-2006, 07:16 PM
Wow, 9 weeks. Good luck!

Nothing like skipping a few heart beats. Paint is all it needs. Throw in the interior and away we go.

R.P.

Datsbad
01-01-2006, 09:27 PM
Looking good Roger ! I am sure it will be ready . good luck . I cant wait to see it finished. I am claiming "shotgun"

GvEman
01-03-2006, 11:14 AM
Good luck with the project!

Roger Poirier
01-19-2006, 06:36 PM
Boy, do I have a new appreciation for body guys. This is hard ass work. Plain and simple. A labor of love. The guys at the shop tell me it has had is first coat of primer and they have completed their first blocking. The picture of the hood shows the primer being applied a 2nd time. I guess they then sand most if not all that off. A third time is also required, but to what extent I don't know.

This bad boy should be one glossy machine when finished. Show and go.

R.P.

Roger Poirier
01-27-2006, 06:44 PM
Update:

This part of the process is amazing. Three guys have been blocking going on week two. The labor to get a top end paint job just blows me away.

I won't question the cost of a paint job anymore! The time and energy is overwhelming. The funny thing to me is each blocking stage pretty much looks the same. Just different grits of sand paper. :lol:

The top body and paint guy tells me you'll see the difference once in paint.
Remember the body color is black with some silver and red highlights. Complete paint pics to come late next week.

34 days to Detroit Autorama. :yes:

R.P.

Roger Poirier
01-29-2006, 04:25 PM
The painters decided to work 7 days this week. The painting has started.

Here is my understanding of the process. After body work, the car is sprayed in primer. Then the entire car is sanded with 100 grit, then 220, then 320 and wet sanded with 400 grit paper.

After that the paint process begins. What you are looking at is various painted parts of the car with one coat of clear. They tell me more sanding and more clear to come. Then polish.

The entire car is being painted piece by piece then assembled on the car for the last time.

R.P.

Roger Poirier
02-02-2006, 10:00 PM
The actual colors to match the drawing look terrible. Plain ugly! Too many colors. I need to get rid of the yellow and orange on the scoops. Silver and red look good on the hood. The trunk and spoiler follow the theme with the silver stripe on the back. The rest of the colors can go out the window.

Problem is when I add the judge stripes on the side it is just too busy. We even tried just a red stripe. No good. Conflicts with the silver stripe in the middle

I'm thinking of just doing the judge emblems in silver, red and black. Then maybe have a thin red or silver pin stripe done along the side of the car like a judge stripe, however, very small width so it shows off the body lines.

Help! Your ideas and thoughts are welcome.

R.P.

Kendall Burleson
02-03-2006, 12:05 AM
who fab those header pipe I'll need some for my grand prix?the car is going to be killer :thumbsup:

Roger Poirier
02-03-2006, 06:21 AM
A local guy from Metro Detroit. He did the work right out of his garage. He is heavy into drag racing. He had to work around the starter, clutch assembly, and oil filter unit.

Make sure when you are having this done that the car and its misc parts are with the project. On my set of headers we got everything right the first time.

I just need to get the paint scheme correct and I will be all set.

R.P.

Roger Poirier
02-05-2006, 12:42 PM
They are wet sanding with 600 grit, then 800. Next comes buff/polish. Then they wet sand with 1200 grit. Again, buff/polish. When does it all end? :willy:

R.P.

Roger Poirier
02-10-2006, 07:25 PM
I'm so tired. However, progress is being made in a big way. :yes: 18 days to Detroit Autorama.

P.S. That darn dash is a piece of work. Not from the install but rather the wiring harness. There are way to many strands of wire. Where in the heck do they all go. Oh well, I will fiqure it out sooner or later.

R.P.

Roger Poirier
02-10-2006, 07:29 PM
Here are more shots of the car in paint. I'm still working out the paint details for the hood and trunk.

R.P.

Roger Poirier
02-10-2006, 07:44 PM
Check out the Hydrobooster from you know where! It's a little hard to see since I had every thing painted black.

R.P.

67Sally
02-10-2006, 08:14 PM
Rodger, Everything looks great and I love watching it come together. Keep the pictures coming.
W.

Roger Poirier
02-10-2006, 08:51 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind words. It is so much work to take a car to this level. I don't know how other people do it each and everyday for a living. I'm exhausted.

R.P.

Datsbad
02-10-2006, 08:57 PM
I love the car Roger ! I hope you make it . Paint looks real nice ! I bet it was cheap huh? LOL !!

Kendall Burleson
02-10-2006, 09:00 PM
once you get pass the paint then things get crazy you just love this stuff :unibrow: :unibrow:

BC69
02-10-2006, 09:36 PM
Looks awesome. You have put some serious work into that, and its paying off!

Tim

Roger Poirier
02-10-2006, 09:58 PM
I love the car Roger ! I hope you make it . Paint looks real nice ! I bet it was cheap huh? LOL !!

Cheapest part of the whole project. Man I'm I broke! I have tested multiple paint hood designs. This is not a finished piece, some of the hood has tape on it and we are zeroing in on the color. I decided not to go with the ususal Judge side stripes. Let it all stand out on the hood.

R.P.

Datsbad
02-10-2006, 10:01 PM
I agree , That looks really good . I am very happy for you with this car . This is going to be one of the best Pontiacs out there for sure.

I cant wait to get my hands on one . pm me if you ever find a 70 for sale for me !!

Roger Poirier
02-10-2006, 10:06 PM
Paint looks real nice !

The fenders have not been wet sanded yet. Plus I still need to put on the Judge decal. Ha got you? The Judge lettering will be sprayed on and then cleared afterwards. You know the drill.

R.P.

Speedster
02-11-2006, 07:44 PM
Roger -
I've been watching the progress on your goat, and I want to thank you for giving us a running commentary as you go through each phase. It's looking awesome. I am partial to '68 and '69 GTOs since I modified a two of them (a black one and a red one) for a friend of mine when I was younger. It's funny, the cool wheels back then were Keystone Classics (on the black one) and Cragar S/S's (on the red one). Our paint jobs don't hold a candle to yours. Your car has the latest in slick wheels and your paint is both black and red so you have it covered well. Very Nice. :thumbsup:

Ummgawa
02-11-2006, 08:50 PM
Cheapest part of the whole project. Man I'm I broke! I have tested multiple paint hood designs. This is not a finished piece, some of the hood has tape on it and we are zeroing in on the color. I decided not to go with the ususal Judge side stripes. Let it all stand out on the hood.

R.P.

Beautful man Just beautiful.

Steve1968LS2
02-13-2006, 06:23 PM
Sweet! She's gonna be a beaut when done..

Roger Poirier
02-15-2006, 07:01 PM
Here are a couple shots of the car from underneath. Since these pics were taken, gas tank has been installed and muffler system mocked up, The exhaust is now out for electro plating. It gives it a chrome like finish to it. Very inexpensive process to do.

R.P.

Roger Poirier
02-15-2006, 07:07 PM
Paint scheme on hood and trunk is now complete. I'm still working on the Judge like decal for the fenders and spoiler.

Oh yeah, the front nose starts out with a fade and continues along the start of the hood. Thats dust giving the hood the grayish look. After final buffing each piece is then wrapped in paper and put into the auto shop where install will take place. There is just too much dust in the body shop.

R.P.

Roger Poirier
02-18-2006, 10:45 PM
Roger -
It's funny, the cool wheels back then were Keystone Classics (on the black one) and Cragar S/S's (on the red one). Your car has the latest in slick wheels and your paint is both black and red so you have it covered well. Very Nice. :thumbsup:

Hey I remember those Cragars well. I just gave a set of them away this past year. Plus a new set of 4 B.F.G. white letter tires. They never even made it onto the road. They sat in the garage I would say a good 12-15 years. Times keep changing. :lol:

R.P.

67velle
02-19-2006, 09:07 AM
Hey Roger been following your build in many ways! I worked with Cass when he had his shop we built some cool cars. I also work with Tim Cornell at Superior Collision so I have followed your car closely. Im glad to see your respect for real quality,and the time it takes for a real paint job!The Judge is looking great ,cant wait to see it at Autorama! I have alot of freinds going to see your car .Im so happy to see all the time Cass and I have spent on the phone about products and procedures are paying off!!!! See you at Autorama. :yes: :thumbsup:

67velle
02-20-2006, 09:12 AM
Roger my friend from Superior brought me up to speed on this crazy internet stuff and we took a tour of yor site. I'm impressed with all the progress the dudes @Motor City have made. I'm pretty confident you'll make it to Autorama. My son and I will surely find you. It would have been cool to have had a bigger part in your project, but I'm not sure Cass could have endured all my need for knowledge. looks good see you soon Tim :drool:

Roger Poirier
02-20-2006, 06:58 PM
Hey Roger been following your build in many ways! I worked with Cass when he had his shop we built some cool cars. I also work with Tim Cornell at Superior Collision so I have followed your car closely. Im glad to see your respect for real quality,and the time it takes for a real paint job!The Judge is looking great ,cant wait to see it at Autorama! I have alot of freinds going to see your car .Im so happy to see all the time Cass and I have spent on the phone about products and procedures are paying off!!!! See you at Autorama. :yes: :thumbsup:

I mentioned your thread to Cass this morning. He new exactly who you were. Darn guy has no internet savvy, so he was just blown away as to you being on this site. Expect a phone call from him shortly.

It has to make it to Autorama, This is his baby! Each day he is either water sanding or buffing a piece of the car. I have a feeling he will continue that program wright up to when we head to Autorama. :lol:

Roger Poirier
02-20-2006, 07:07 PM
Roger my friend from Superior brought me up to speed on this crazy internet stuff and we took a tour of yor site. I'm impressed with all the progress the dudes @Motor City have made. I'm pretty confident you'll make it to Autorama. My son and I will surely find you. It would have been cool to have had a bigger part in your project, but I'm not sure Cass could have endured all my need for knowledge. looks good see you soon Tim :drool:

Tim, you dog you! They put Paulie on the car after you left. His temperment
and lack of total quality did not sit well with me. The work was going to be to his standards and that was it. Not so my friend. MCS and I agreed that Cass was the right guy for this project. He is a true professional. Him and I see eye to eye. :hail: to Cass.

Tim, I also look forward to meeting your son. :)

R.P.

67velle
02-20-2006, 08:50 PM
I wasn't on the site when you replied because I was on the phone with Cass going over your final paint details. Does it look as good as I expect?? I feel you have got the right person to finish your car to your great expectations! I understand it was a long wait , but maybe it was for a reason?? There is not many left with the thought that the quality comes before anything and also have the ablity to also do it!!! :burnout: Todd

Roger Poirier
02-21-2006, 07:42 PM
Does it look as good as I expect?? I feel you have got the right person to finish your car to your great expectations!

Todd

Have you ever heard of a black mirror? Thats what Cass has created. :wow:
It is slightly better than a factory paint job from 1969.

R.P.

67velle
02-23-2006, 07:58 PM
:yes: Come on Roger everbody is waiting for pics!!!!! :yes:

Roger Poirier
02-24-2006, 10:57 PM
We just started puttting the body of the car together today. Currently working on fenders and doors. Multiple people working long hard days. The gas tank and exhaust are installed. The underside of the car looks sweet. :thumbsup: Most of the interior is in. My days are 11-12 hours, darvecet in the morning, lunch and dinner. Too many back surgerys. I go home collaspe and start over the next day.

Being a detail freak like myself, meaning each and every part is taged, marked, bagged and then boxed into a piticular catagory such as engine, front end, etc. I have still missed a few things. Fed Ex Overnight is adding up from the catalog companies. :lol: Remember virtualy evert nut, bolt, screw and part on this car has been either replaced, or reworked.

I will have picks of the car under construction tomorrow night. The car has to be at Cobo (Detroit Autorama) by this up coming Wed, March 1st.

The insanity of it all. :willy: :willy: :willy:

R.P.

DCreations
02-24-2006, 11:06 PM
Damn dude thats a crazy deadline :_paranoid :D

Speedster
02-25-2006, 08:42 AM
Roger -
Congrats on your progress so far. We're pulling for you to get everything together by the 1st.
:drama:
Lookin' good so far. That front subframe looks like it was just dipped in black chocolate - wet ! Nice. Keep crankin' during the day and pass out at night. You'll make it. Sleeping is overrated.

Roger Poirier
02-25-2006, 09:55 PM
We just started puttting the body of the car together today. Currently working on fenders and doors. Multiple people working long hard days. The gas tank and exhaust are installed. The underside of the car looks sweet. :thumbsup: Most of the interior is in.

I will have picks of the car under construction tomorrow night. The car has to be at Cobo (Detroit Autorama) by this up coming Wed, March 1st.

R.P.

Progress in the works. Check it out.... :faint:

R.P.

Speedster
02-25-2006, 10:00 PM
Coming along very nice Roger. Interesting spot to put the remote oil filter. Was that by choice or necessity ?

Roger Poirier
02-25-2006, 10:04 PM
As most of you know the headers have had major surgery. Here are some pics of the relocated oil filter. Easy access.

R.P.

Roger Poirier
02-25-2006, 10:10 PM
Only 4 days to go....

The GTO under construction. Which way is forward? I'm beat!

Even the GTO emblems on the car have been repainted by yours truely.

Roger Poirier
02-25-2006, 10:56 PM
Coming along very nice Roger. Interesting spot to put the remote oil filter. Was that by choice or necessity ?

Yes, it had to be moved from the factory location. I was unable to remove the filter without taking off the header. I did choose this location instead of putting the filter on the core support or inner fender like most people do. Those locations make a mess when changing your oil.

R.P.

Smack_talker
02-26-2006, 08:15 AM
Car looks awesome. I love the black/red with silver combo. :thumbsup:

67velle
02-26-2006, 10:57 AM
Roger pictures dont do it justice !!!! Looks awsome!!!!! TODD :unibrow:

1970cuda
02-26-2006, 11:25 AM
there is something about black and red cars....wow

67Sally
02-26-2006, 08:49 PM
Everything looks great Roger. I cant wait to see it compleated. Keep up the good work.
W.

Roger Poirier
02-27-2006, 05:15 PM
Everything looks great Roger. I cant wait to see it compleated. Keep up the good work.
W.

Ah, I'm almost there! What is the status of your Mustang? I love the rendering that you have in your avator. The colors are outstanding. :thumbsup:

R.P.

Roger Poirier
02-28-2006, 09:37 PM
For those that are concerned. The GTO is going to make it to Detroit Autorama.
We ship out wed. night. The show starts Friday afternoon.

There is a handful of of tech issues that still need to be worked out. Emerg. brake cable set up. Test and tune. Lights for the hood tach. After the show I'm taking two weeks off. No work, no car, nothing. I will then plug away at the car and have it complete and ready for the road this spring.

R.P.

P.S I will have pics after Autorama. I think your going to like the stance.

oldzzy
03-01-2006, 08:19 AM
I am looking forward to seeing it at the autorama on the weekend! See you there :thumbsup:

camcojb
03-01-2006, 09:49 AM
Great accomplishment Roger. Car looks awesome.

Jody

TravisB
03-01-2006, 10:11 AM
IS the car going to be in a booth there? Or ? WE will be there fri afternoon,sat,sun

see you there

Roger Poirier
03-01-2006, 11:34 PM
I think I'm in the 3rd row back from the front entrance, in the middle of the show. I have a feature end display. I'm right behind some famous rat rod guy that has aprox. 10 cars collection on display. Also across from me is one of the feature eight cars last year for the Riddler Award.

Looking forward to meeting you young man. I love the drawing of your car.

R.P.

Roger Poirier
03-06-2006, 09:04 PM
If you haven't been following the open discussion (Deliverance) thread, here is a a pic of the car at Detroit Autorama.

R.P.

Sales@Dutchboys
03-06-2006, 09:07 PM
Looks good wish i would of got over to detroit to see it! :thumbsup:

comp-spec
03-06-2006, 09:10 PM
Roger goat looks awesome!! 69 goat my favorite car.

Bill Howell
03-06-2006, 09:15 PM
I'm right behind some famous rat rod guy that has aprox. 10 cars collection on display.

R.P.

Geez, Louise, I read this the other day. At the show , I realized who this "famous rat rod guy" was Roger was talking about. For those who know about the old days, it was a killer display of about 20 of Ed Roth's classic custom rods. Ed Roth as in Rat Fink!!!! The cars are as new, must spend most of their life in a museum somewhere.
No worries Roger, Ed was just one of the character artist icons of his day. He was very famous for his huge bike show at Daytona Bike Weeks for years. He died during Daytona Bike week (about this time) in 01 as I recall. Funeral procession was something else.

Roger Poirier
03-08-2006, 09:37 AM
I hope I was able to help a few people with ideas or knowledge in the build process of my car. If any one needs help in regards to Pontiac GTO'S feel free to private message me. I know the 68-69'S like the back of my hand.

R.P. :)

67velle
03-08-2006, 09:40 AM
who won the big one Roger

Speedster
03-08-2006, 10:17 AM
I hope I was able to help a few people with ideas or knowledge in the build process of my car. If any one needs help in regards to Pontiac GTO'S feel free to private message me. I know the 68-69'S like the back of my hand.

R.P. :)

Roger -
With all of the time you have spent with it, you probably need a picture of a 68-69 on the back of your hand with a heart that says "Mom". LOL.
You will have a lot more than 15 minutes of fame with this build. Enjoy it.:hail:

Smack_talker
03-08-2006, 10:46 AM
Roger...did you see the 69 GTO last weekend on Dream car garage? That was a great car. I like your car even better. I Have been looking for a decent 69 GTO but havent found any I can afford so far. I think I may have to pick your brain in the future. :yes:

Roger Poirier
03-08-2006, 09:38 PM
Roger...did you see the 69 GTO last weekend on Dream car garage? That was a great car. I like your car even better. I Have been looking for a decent 69 GTO but havent found any I can afford so far. I think I may have to pick your brain in the future. :yes:

Dream Car Garage? Whats that? Guys I haven't seen TV for over a month. I have been sleeping on and off for two days. Just getting back on my feet. I guess I will have to watch reruns.

R.P.